Senior Internal Auditor
Company: Finemark National Bank
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Summary: This position is responsible for evaluating
and providing reasonable assurance that risk management, internal
control and governance systems are functioning as intended and
within the risk profile established by the Board and Audit
Committee. In addition, this position is accountable for executing
the internal audit plan of financial internal control, operational,
compliance, FDICIA (Part 363), and investigative audits to ensure
the reliability and integrity of information, compliance with
policies and regulations, the safeguarding of assets, the
economical and efficient use of resources and established strategic
objectives of the Bank. Essential Functions:
- Ensure complete operational, financial, and compliance audits,
as well as FDICIA (Part 363) testing, is completed.
- Act as liaison between internal or external auditors and Audit
- Lead and/or assist in audit activities including setting audit
objectives, scopes, programs, questionnaires, procedures, work
paper reviews, reports, and timetables.
- Perform audits, investigations, and other assigned auditing
services in accordance with professional auditing and accounting
- Perform FIDICIA testing working with various departments in
order to assist them in meeting the requirements and in gaining a
better understanding of internal control requirements.
- Perform and lead audits independently and objectively to add
value and improve the Bank's operations bringing a systematic,
disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of
risk management, internal controls, and governance processes. This
includes interviews with management and auditees, analytical review
of data and financial statements, tests of transactions/controls,
and the review of compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provide updates on the progress of audits along with any
complications, delays, or limitations to the Audit Committee
- Ensure standard professional audit techniques are used to
obtain corroborative evidence to support audit findings and related
risks and make meaningful recommendations for improvement.
- Work with auditees, process owners, and senior management in a
collaborative and professional manner throughout the audit process
and provide necessary and appropriate communications.
- Review and/or prepare organized, accurate, and complete work
papers ensuring documentation clearly supports the conclusions
regarding each audit objective.
- Ensure audit reports and supporting work papers are complete
and accurately communicate audit findings and recommendations to
management and the audit committee.
- Provide reviews and feedback on draft reports, as needed.
- As necessary, assist the company in the completion of various
internal audit services and/or special projects.
- Adhere to departmental service quality and operational
- Ensure appropriate audits are conducted of all state and
federal regulations and bank policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business
- A relevant professional audit, accounting, or compliance
certification or willingness to obtain is preferred (CPA or
- A minimum of five to seven years of internal audit or public
accounting audit experience is required. Bank auditing experience
- Knowledge of internal control assessments and testing, risk
assessments, design and development of audit programs, testing,
process flowcharting, business process review, and accounting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills relevant to Microsoft Office Suites
(i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) ADA Job Description: The physical
requirements and activities described herein are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Physical Requirements. This position primarily
requires sedentary work; exerting up to 10 pounds of force
occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or
constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects,
including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of
the time. Walking and standing are required only
occasionally.Physical Activities. The following physical activities
are frequently required: talking is required to express or exchange
ideas by means of the spoken word and hearing, with or without
correction, is required to perceive the nature of sounds at normal
speaking levels. The use of fingers is frequently required to pick,
pinch, type (e.g., keyboard), or otherwise work, primarily with the
fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling. There is
frequent repetitive motion which requires substantial movements
(motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. This position may
occasionally require that a person climb, balance, stoop, kneel,
crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp and/or feel.Visual
Acuity Requirements. Close visual acuity and the ability to adjust
focus, with or without correction, are required to perform
activities such as viewing a computer monitor or written materials
and documents; reading; writing; preparing and analyzing data and
figures; transcribing; close visual inspection. Some distance
vision and color vision may be necessary.Environmental Conditions.
A person is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental
conditions and only exposed to moderate noise; they may
occasionally work near moving mechanical parts or machinery such as
a copier/printer. FineMark National Bank & Trust complies with the
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with
Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA). During the interview process,
you may be asked questions concerning your ability to perform
job-related functions. As an equal employment opportunity (EEO)
employer, FineMark National Bank & Trust adheres to a policy of
making employment decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, and status as an individual with a
disability or protected veteran. We assure you that your
opportunity for employment with FineMark depends solely upon your
Keywords: Finemark National Bank, Fort Myers , Senior Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!