Drainage Design Engineer - Roads + Highways
Company: T.Y. Lin International
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: September 19, 2022
OverviewTYLin is a full-service, professional engineering firm
focused on the planning, design, and construction of infrastructure
solutions for public and private clients worldwide. The firm is an
internationally recognized pioneer in solving the most difficult
engineering challenges. Headquartered in San Francisco, California
for over 65 years, TYLin has more than 3,200 professionals
throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe. TYLin is a member of Dar
Group, a global, privately-owned professional services group, and
its industry-leading family of Global Infrastructure companies.
-Our Roads + Highways Sector is seeking a Drainage Design Engineer
experience to join our team in Orlando, Tampa, Fort Myers, Ft.
Lauderdale or Miami, Florida office. -This position will report to
the Associate Vice President, Roads + Highways and requires 4+
years of relevant professional experience, including drainage
design. The responsibilities of this role include, but may not be
limited to, planning and design of drainage, stormwater management,
and stormwater quality projects (including hydrologic and hydraulic
studies and calculations), stormwater management permitting, and
preparation of plans, specifications, and
- Responsible for the preparation of planning studies and
creation of design plans for a variety of project types
- Typical projects include drainage studies and plans, roadway
drainage systems, storm drain systems, bridge hydraulics, and
stormwater quality projects
- Calculate quantities and prepare engineering estimates
- Prepare technical reports, letters, and memos for development
of storm water project
- Perform preliminary field investigations and existing data
research to be used in preparation of a working project base
- Assure that all submittals are in accordance with company
production and design standards
- Other assignments as neededQualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Fundamentals of Engineering (EIT) or current FL Professional
Engineer license OR the ability to obtain FL licensure within 6
months of hire is required.
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience required,
including drainage design -
- Experience with Florida DOT projects is desirable.
- 2D modeling (e.g. ICPE, EPA SWMM) experience is strongly
- Proficiency using drafting software (Open Roads Designer,
AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Microstation) desired and drainage design
software (esp. ORD Subsurface Utilities and Drainage Analysis
and/or Geopak Drainage) desired.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Familiarity with the following additional software is also
desired: ESRI ArcGIS, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HY-8.
- Candidates must be strong communicators, well organized, and
proficient at technical writing.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways
to solve clients toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an
ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and
inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
-TYLin is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit
discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal,
state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees. TYLin remains
committed to complying with all local health authority, legal or
lawful client requirements, as such this role may be situated in a
jurisdiction with masking or vaccinate or test requirements to
attend office or client locations (controlled location). You should
ask your manager about this prior to starting. Should you be
subject to the requirements, you are required to disclose your
vaccination status within the first week of starting or before
entering a controlled location, whichever comes first -
Keywords: T.Y. Lin International, Fort Myers , Drainage Design Engineer - Roads + Highways, Engineering , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!