Sr. Security Engineer - US Remote Opportunity
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: November 22, 2022
This position can sit remotely within the United States or may
sit near one of our Center's of Excellence where we offer a hybrid,
virtual first work model.
Gartner's Center of Excellence are located in:
Fort Myers, FL
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative
digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a
broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology
solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of
nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the
notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About this role:
The Senior Application Security Engineer is a key member of the
Security Architecture and Risk Reviews Team (SARR) within the
Governance and Risk Management Pillar (GRM) at Gartner. The
engineer will be responsible for continuously improving and
maintaining the security review of our applications. The ideal
candidate will have experience working in public and private-facing
Cloud/On-Prem/SaaS environments and collaborating with and advising
the Product, Development, and DevOps teams.
What you'll do:
* Conduct threat modeling of services and applications that tie to
the risk and data associated with the service or application.
* Ability to clearly document risk posture.
* Conduct security assessments of internal systems, applications
and IT infrastructure as part of the overall risk management
practice of the organization.
* Build and automate secure SDLC controls and best practices in an
agile, CI/CD-focused environment
* Code and test programming for integration software, APIs,
Scripts, Reports etc.
* Work with developers to prioritize and remediate identified
* Work with Product and Engineering teams to help design secure
* Lead efforts to implement and maintain security policies and
* Balance security risk and product advancement within the
parameters of the business
* Perform proactive research to detect new attack vectors
* Develop and maintain security architecture artifacts (models,
templates, standards and procedures) that can be used to leverage
security capabilities in projects and operations.
* Conduct code reviews of applications to determine security flaws
or other issues that would impact the confidentiality, integrity or
availability of the system.
* Take ownership of assignments & drive them to completion.
* Work collaboratively across functional areas for innovation to
turn new ideas into reality.
What you'll need:
* Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information
systems, cybersecurity or a related field is preferred
* 3-6 years of experience in the design and implementation of
complex IT systems
* 3-5 years of experience in Information Security and proven
experience in application security, vulnerability and patch
* Understanding and working experience with cloud/server/container
* Domain expertise in cloud network infrastructure
* Proven Communication, collaboration, and critical thinking
* Experience with Application Security tools
* Detailed understanding of common web application architecture,
deployment models and components
* Have a knack for finding flaws in software and can efficiently
communicate how to fix them
* Proven ability to communicate and educate engineering and
architecture teams as to why security efforts are necessary and add
* Can think like an attacker and use that context to develop threat
* Demonstrable experience scripting with languages like Python,
PowerShell, bash, etc. to create and automate security controls
* Familiarity with technical security controls, guidelines, and
frameworks outlined by standards such as SOC2, ISO 27001/27013,
* Documented experience and a strong working knowledge of the
methodologies to conduct threat-modeling exercises on new
applications and services
* Working knowledge of cloud technologies with the ability to
describe security concerns and what the impact might be for an
* CISSP,CCSP, AWS or Azure Security, CEH certifications are nice to
* Full-stack knowledge of IT infrastructure: Applications,
Databases, Operating systems (Windows, Unix and Linux),
Hypervisors, IP networks (WAN, LAN)
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and
their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter
decisions and stronger performance on an organization's most
critical priorities. We've grown exponentially since our founding
in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally
that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies,
cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual
orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety
of experiences makes us stronger-as individuals, as communities and
as an organization. That's why we're recognized worldwide as a
great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by
Fortune as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, named a Best
Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign
Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability
Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to
turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from
Day 1. When you join our team, you'll have access to a vast array
of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are
designed to support your physical, financial and emotional
well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth
through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our
employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep
you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that
matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities
to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry,
disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status
and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and
offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with
disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability
or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation
if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the
Company's career webpage as a result of your disability. You may
request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1
(203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to
Job Requisition ID:68408
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that
you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment
notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link:
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use
the back button within the application, not the back arrow within
Keywords: Gartner, Fort Myers , Sr. Security Engineer - US Remote Opportunity, Engineering , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!