Company: Watts Water Technologies
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 17, 2019
The focus of this position is to engage in various research and
development (R&D) projects in order to find and implement new
technologies. The position will also facilitate the transition of
projects from the R&D team to new product development (NPD)
team.RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Research and stay current on new and emerging
- Design water quality testing instrumentation.
- Build prototypes for proof of concept testing. Including part
design, sourcing, circuit construction, automation and software
- Communicate regularly and clearly with management regarding
project schedules, technical issues, resources and costs.
- Engage in ideation of new products, projects and designs
- Support all R&D and NPD engineering activities with the
- Facilitate the transition of projects from R&D to NPD.
- Support the laboratory with equipment upgrades, maintenance and
new test setups.
- Adhere to current company and department policies and
- Ensure safe work practices and strict adherence to the Watts
Water Technologies safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the R&D Manager.
Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Software Engineering Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
Bachelor Degree in physical sciences such as chemistry and physics,
or equivalent will also be considered.
- Five years of related experience in R&D, prototyping,
- Design/bread boarding of electronic circuits for
- Knowledge in programming embedded systems in C/C++.
- Familiar with Arduino, mbed, and IAR.
- Experience with automation systems or robotics.
- Familiar with maker culture.
- Willingness to learn new skills to meet changing needs.
- Experience in instrument development is helpful.
- Practical experience in spectroscopy or optics are a plus.
- Understanding of chemistry, fluidics, materials or physics is
- Experience with Inventor and 3D modeling preferred.
- PC-based computing experience (word processing, spreadsheet,
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and
superior organizational abilities
- Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to
meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment
- Demonstrates personal and professional integrity
- Ability to be resourceful and self-motivated.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to walk, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to stand, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
- Work in office and laboratory environment
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the
typical office setting
*As required by the American Disability Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Collaborate Across Workgroup
- Initiate Positive Change
- Deliver High Quality Results
- Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree
that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions,
and/or third party service providers accessing and using the
information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing
your application.Watts is committed to equal employment
opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment
decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran
status, minorities, or any other category protected under
applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the
obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any
employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human
Keywords: Watts Water Technologies, Fort Myers , R&D Engineer, Engineering , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!