Senior Project Manager, Practice Builder, Transportation Roadway Design
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 6, 2020
Kimley-Horn has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a
motivated Practice Builder to join our Transportation practice in
Fort Myers, Florida. The successful candidate will be a leader in a
practice specializing in Roadway engineering services. This
individual will have an entrepreneurial spirit and create a vision
for growth for a Roadway Services practice while growing their own
projects, clients and team around them.
This position leads business development efforts, manages
relationships with key clients, and oversees all project tasks
while mentoring the growth of younger staff. The successful
candidate will have a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and
grow their business.
Practice Builders are encouraged to pursue opportunities that fuel
their professional passion and contribute to firmwide success. Our
system for rewards is designed to recognize staff as they move
along a path to success. Bonuses, promotions, path to ownership
recognition, and other forms of advancement are performance based,
because as a firm we focus on results.
Leadership responsibilities include:
- Lead an Transportation team while building and managing
relationships with key clients.
- Operate with integrity and sound business principles.
- Provide practice vision, business planning and strategy,
establishing goals, building and maintaining positive client
- Open communication with partners and team, along with growing
and directing a Transportation practice.
- Manage projects profitably, transition work to qualified staff,
grow and mentor staff, help recruit, and be a positive role
Management responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Identifying and tracking leads.
- Making presentations, writing proposals and scopes of
- Establish budgets, ensuring quality and timeliness of
deliverables, and supervising the execution of work.
- Accounting, administrative, marketing, recruiting, IT and
production support will be provided.
With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of an
impressive bonus program with the potential to advance to
- P.E. with 12+ years of experience in civil design of roadway
projects, urban freeways and/or interchanges with at least 5 years
experience directly managing roadway design projects in
- Proven track record of successfully winning and delivering work
in Fort Myers, Naples and the surrounding region.
- Knowledge and experience with the full life cycle of roadway
projects from studies to environmental to final design packages and
general knowledge of construction.
- Extensive knowledge of geometric design, horizontal and
vertical alignment, grading, drainage, utility, or other related
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or related field. Florida
Professional Engineer license.
- Client contacts and relationships with local municipalities,
area counties, and state agencies.
- Business development skills and the proven ability to win
- Experience writing proposals, scopes of work, and budgets for
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the
- Ability to manage& mentor staff, and direct resources
effectively in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects profitably.
- Ability to cross sell multiple disciplines.
At Kimley-Horn, one of the nation's premier planning and design
consultants, our professionals are experts in many disciplines yet
share one passion: making our clients successful.
Ranked as one of Fortune Magazine's"100 Best Companies to Work
For," Kimley-Horn prides itself on hiring high-achieving,
dedicated, and reliable professionals.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in
the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor
H1-B or any other work visa petitions at this time.Apply Now
Keywords: Kimley-Horn, Fort Myers , Senior Project Manager, Practice Builder, Transportation Roadway Design, Executive , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!