Marketing Production Manager
Company: Florida Gulf Coast University
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: November 18, 2021
The Marketing Production Manager plans, directs, and coordinates
the work activities and resources that support the university's
marketing and communications initiatives.Florida Gulf Coast
University is committed to establishing and maintaining an
inclusive working and learning environment in which students,
faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities,
governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a
diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.At FGCU, we
collectively stand against any individual or group that practices
any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions,
or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to
understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently
diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic
and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender
identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural
traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives
to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just
because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our
University stronger. The University community recognizes the
importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these
ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the
institution.We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity,
equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse
backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our
University will grow and move forward through a commitment of
equality for all.*Typical duties may include but are not limited
- Oversees the production process, coordinating all production
activities and operations.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates the production, processing, and
distribution of marketing and communications materials.
- Plans, negotiates and purchases media including TV, radio,
print, out-of-home and digital.
- Monitors processing schedules and production orders to make
decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements,
work procedures, budget limitations, and time constraints.
- Oversees daily activities for production control to ensure
timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up, and
- Develops and maintains agreements with departments and business
units. Manages fiscal operations, purchasing, billing, and
- Estimates costs and negotiates budgets with both vendors and
clients to ensure cost effectiveness of productions.
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of all information entered
into job tracking and monitoring system.
- Ensures clients are informed of job progress, timeliness and
- Facilitates weekly meetings.
- Reviews proofs prior to submission to client and outside
- Oversees the maintenance of files, databases and electronic
records of design and creative materials.Other Duties
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Maintains and updates databases and mailing lists.Required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an
appropriate area of specialization.
- Three years of professional full-time experience in marketing,
communications, project management, or related field.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience,
and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and
- Five years of professional full-time experience in marketing,
communications, project management, or related field.
- Experience with audio or multi-media production, communications
or marketing project management, graphic design, writing,
photography, print layout and design, print production, or social
- Experience working in higher education.Knowledge, Skills &
- Knowledge of marketing principles, including promotion,
fundraising, and public relations.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination
techniques and methods, including alternative ways to inform and
entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
service, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality
standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Skill in public speaking and delivering presentations to
individuals and groups.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and
complete simultaneous projects within deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity
of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and
independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet close deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and
perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse
demands are involved.
- Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high
standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best
practices into the organizational structure.
- Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and
learn new applications and systems.Salary Range: $65,000 to $70,000
?AnnualJob Type: Full-timePay: $65,000.00 - $70,000.00 per
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridayWork Location:
- One locationWork Remotely:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19Work Location: One location
Keywords: Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers , Marketing Production Manager, Executive , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!