Project Manager - Water - Fort Myers, FL
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 4, 2022
Wharton-Smith is a construction manager and general contractor
specializing in water treatment, education, parks and recreation,
sports, municipal, entertainment, and hospitality projects - all
the things a community needs to thrive.
The Senior Project Manager must have knowledge about every stage of
the construction process from scope development to project
closeout. They will ensure on-time and on-budget project execution
while making quality and safety a priority.
- Ability to successfully manage large scale projects and/or
multiple projects simultaneously.
- Build strong relationships with clients/owners, architects,
engineers, and subcontractors. Ensure they will want to renew the
construction experience with Wharton-Smith (Doer/Seller
- Maintain a positive image of the company with clients, vendors,
subcontractors, and team members.
- Set up and maintain project cost accounting.
- Develop and maintain job schedule for the project.
- Implement and manage project assignments for personnel.
- Partner with Preconstruction Services regarding value
engineering/constructability, soliciting bidders, estimating
assistance, and generating proposals.
- Develop a Schedule of Values and generate monthly payment
- Negotiate major subcontractor agreements and equipment/material
- Assist with subcontractor and owner contract term
- Facilitate subcontractor and owner coordination/progress
meeting and document meeting minutes.
- Review and approve subcontractor pay applications and vendor
- Track and evaluate subcontractor change management.
- Monitor the submittal, shop drawing, and purchase order process
to insure accurate and timely delivery of equipment and
- Manage execution of contracts, bonds, insurance certificates,
contract compliance, and warranties.
- Monitor budgets, schedules, cost reports and job progress and
review with Superintendent on a weekly basis.
- Visit jobsites on a regular basis to review effectiveness of
site supervision, job progress, production planning boards, quality
of work and safety on the job.
- Manage change orders, extra work orders, disputed claims, with
owner and owner's representatives to a successful conclusion.
- Resolve major disputes with vendors and subcontractors.
- Manage startup and commissioning of facility, where
- Provide owner training to the end user and turn-over contract
- Review and report project financial information, performance
and any major conflicts to be resolved with Division Manager.Team
Management and Development:
- Assist the Superintendent with all tasks related to the job
startup and mobilization and ensure clear delineation of managerial
and administrative responsibilities within the project team.
- Work with the Communication and Marketing Department to develop
effective presentations and project specific write-ups for
- Collaborate cross-functionally with all departments and key
- Able to maintain morale within a group and foster an
environment of strong team spirit.
- Coach and mentor team members at varying levels and career
stages to maximize everyone's growth and
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
Construction Management, or other relevant degree.
- Must have relevant water/wastewater construction
- Experience in managing self-perform crews is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing leader and team player with five plus years of
experience in engineering, construction, or related field.
- Proven success in the completion of multimillion-dollar
- Computer-based CPM Scheduling Programs
- Construction Management SoftwareOur recruiting process is
centralized and is handled by our HR Department. If we are sent
unsolicited resumes from recruiters, we will not pay any recruiting
fees. Unsolicited resumes are any resumes sent to us by a recruiter
who has not been pre-approved by HR, has not signed our contract,
and has not been requested by our HR Department to search for a
Keywords: Wharton-Smith, Fort Myers , Project Manager - Water - Fort Myers, FL, Executive , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!