Supply Chain Manager
Company: Storm Smart
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 7, 2022
The Supply Chain Manager coordinates, organizes, and oversees
all activities involved in the identification, acquisition,
production, and distribution of the company's materials, management
of facilities, and a fleet of vehicles. They are a strong business
partner to the Director of Operations, Service Manager, and
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to
identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an
effective supply chain.
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or
evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and
supplies located in the company, at sites, and in the factory.
- Maintains the required quantity of supplies and materials to
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests
improvements to increase the efficiency of supply chain and
profitability for the company.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply
chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent
changes to processes.
- Identifies optimal shipment and transportation routes with
attention to the consolidation of warehousing and
- Assesses the need for material-handling equipment and staffing;
makes recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading,
movement, and storage of materials.
- Negotiates prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers,
vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Participates as an advisory member of the product development
team, providing information and guidance on availability and cost
of supplies and materials.
- Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes,
product line extension, or new product launch to ensure timely and
orderly material and production flow transitions.
- Monitors performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to
meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies
new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Manage a fleet of vehicles, including optimization and
negotiation of pricing.
- Overall facility management of different sites, negotiation
with landlords, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience managing and improving supply chain data,
information, and processes
- Actively seek to improve all aspects of the supply chain by
streamlining steps and locating the best prices for inventory
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize large-picture projects and
foresee challenges and needs to be addressed
- Top-level understanding of all aspects of supply chain
- Ability to research companies and determine the best vendors to
reach out to for various projects
- Experience working in and maintaining databases using Microsoft
Excel and others relevant to company processes
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven
ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with
vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required;
Master's degree preferred.
- Supply Chain certifications required (CPIM, CSCP, CLTD,
- Seven to ten years of experience as a supervisor, manager, or
similar relevant position required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Salary range is $85,000 - $95,000 based upon experience.
Keywords: Storm Smart, Fort Myers , Supply Chain Manager, Executive , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!