Manager in Training
Company: ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 8, 2022
JOIN OUR CELEBRATION!Manager in Training, also known at ABC as
Leader in Training (LIT) team members are essential to ABC Fine
Wine & Spirit's future success, as they participate in a
developmental program that prepares them to be the store leaders of
tomorrow. In this hands-on role, LITs develop the skills needed to
ensure their store, and future assigned store, operates effectively
and within ABC guidelines, while working closely with their Team
Leader and District Manager to maximize successful store
operations. The LIT developmental program has a target completion
of 6 months to achieve competency for next-step positions as
Assistant or Store Leader.We are seeking experienced retail leaders
for this key role.Responsibilities
- Complete all training required in the program, with a target
goal of 6 months or less.
- Follow provided Training Timelines and Competency Checklists to
ensure progression towards program completion.
- Attend all required LIT meetings and training sessions.
- Actively work in assigned store per store schedule.
- Travel to other stores for on-site work as planned by District
Manager or LIT Program Manager.
- Complete all assigned 30-day competency assessments.
- Identify opportunities to grow sales and improve store
- Working with the store team, help ensure store merchandising
consistently meets operational and visual standards.
- Ensure standards of service are met by greeting and providing
excellent service to all guests.
- Develop skills needed for successful operations of inventory
control, replenishment, and merchandising.
- Develop product knowledge in wine, spirits, cigars and other
- Actively participate in ABC culture where learning and sharing
ABC Fine Wine & Spirits' product knowledge with all guests and team
is a priority.
- Develop knowledge of and perform typical management tasks
including but not limited to opening/closing the store, cash
control reconciliation, receiving shipments, etc.
- Develop knowledge of and perform all typical supervisory
responsibilities including but not limited to; delegating tasks and
assignments, scheduling, leading the hiring and training of new and
existing staff, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, and
- Participate in all mandatory company-sponsored classes,
including online training, attend off-site or phone/Zoom meetings
- Assist with resets, remodels, new store openings, and wine
tastings at other stores.
- Work with LIT manager for issues, needs, questions or
- Develop knowledge of who to contact in Team Member Services,
Warehouse, and the SSC for ongoing needs and questions.
- Participate in regular team meetings with store staff; help to
communicate policies, changes, and procedures.
- Work closely with DM and communicate all opportunities, needs,
and store status.
- Communicate regularly with LIT Program Manager and HRBP
regarding program progress and steps to completion.
- Help to ensure store cleanliness and safety following company
protocols and guidelines.
- Help to ensure truck unloads are scheduled and completed
- Demonstrate ABC's Core Values with our guests and team members
- Resolve any guest complaints within 24 hours.
- Make sound business decisions; ask for help when needed.
- Provide regular updates with ongoing, open communication to DM
regarding store performance, team, and any store opportunities or
- Upon program completion, apply to "next-step" open positions of
Assistant Team Leader or Team Leader to continue career
progression, upon approval of leadership.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by DM or LIT program
manager.Job RequirementsMinimum Experience, Skills, and Education
- 21 years of age or older
- At least 6 months of proven experience and/or training in a
retail management or leadership role; at least 2 years of education
from a college or technical; school in Business Management or
related field; or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires, night
and weekends, especially during holidaysPhysical RequirementsWith
or Without Accommodations
- Must be able to remain standing for long periods upwards of 8
hours at a time, frequently move about throughout the store
- Must frequently lift and/or transport up to 35 pounds
throughout the store including through any stockrooms or backroom
- Occasionally ascends and descends ladders and step stools to
safely access stockroom and floor shelves as needed
- The team member is occasionally exposed to working in high,
precarious places in the store or stockroom, when accessing ladders
and steps stools is necessary.
- The team member is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather
conditions, when maintaining the property and assisting guests is
- The team member is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
particles, when utilizing cleaning solutions or supplies is
- The team member is occasionally exposed to refrigerated
temperatures between 32-41 - F, when stocking and/or retrieving
product in the cooler is necessary.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Full position description provided upon request during the
interview process.Our Mission is: "We make everyday celebrations
better while enriching the lives of team members and by
contributing to organizations that benefit families in the
communities we serve."Experience our Core Values: Respect, Empower,
- Respect our mission, our guests and each other
- Empower each other to make an impact, no matter how small
- Inspire and support our Team Members and the communities they
serveCome join this family-owned, growth-oriented organization
today! You will receive outstanding benefits with your
compensation, which include:
- PAID VACATION AND PTO
- INCENTIVE COMPENSATION PROGRAM
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
- ABC UNIVERSITY - GREAT WINE, SPIRITS, BEER, CIGAR TRAINING
- EXCELLENT HEALTH INSURANCE FOR INDIVIDUAL + FAMILY
- DENTAL AND VISION PLANS
- COMPANY-MATCH 401K PROGRAM
- EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS ON WINE AND SPIRITS
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
- PET INSURANCEComplete your online application today at
www.abcfws.com/careers. We look forward to helping you take the
first step towards a successful ABC career!Equal Employment
OpportunityABC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to
providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We
are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting
qualified people of all backgrounds, and we make all employment
decisions without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex,
gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation,
religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, national
origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, genetic
information, medical condition, military status, or any other basis
prohibited by law ("protected status").ABC is an alcohol-free,
- Management Experience
- 1 - 3 years: Retail ExperienceEducationPreferred
- Some college or better in Management or related field
Keywords: ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, Fort Myers , Manager in Training, Executive , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!