Case Manager Supervisor (7440)
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 8, 2022
#nowhiringLutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world
where children are safe, families are strong and communities are
vibrant.LSF is looking for a talented Child Welfare Case Management
-Supervisor -who wants to make an impact in the lives of
others.Purpose & Impact:This is advanced professional work
supervising and directing the work of Child Welfare Case Managers,
Licensing/Recruitment staff, and/or support staff. The primary duty
of the employee in the position is to spend the majority of the
time communicating with, motivating, training and evaluating
employees, planning and directing their work; supervising and
monitoring their work with families, co-workers, service providers,
and community partners; and having the authority to hire, transfer,
suspend, layoff, recall, promote, discharge, assign, reward, or
discipline Case Managers and other staff or to effectively
recommend such actions. The supervised staff provide protective
supervision, foster care, and adoption services where there is
abuse, neglect, abandonment, or status offenses. The services that
the Case Managers provide include case supervision, information and
referrals, close cooperation and coordination with schools and
community agencies, and regular contact with children and their
- Develops Performance standards and job duty expectations with
counselors, reviews standards and plans for continuous
- Communicates Case Manager's compliance with these expectations
on a regular basis.
- Reviews each case in unit caseload on a quarterly basis. This
review must include a one on one discussion with the assigned Case
Manager, recommendations for case progress and documentation of the
review and recommendations in the Florida Safe Families Network
(FSFN) data base.
- Monitors and directs the day to day work of Case Managers. This
monitoring must include the required completion of home visits
within required time frames and completion of required reports
checklists and other case work in timely manner.
- Provide leadership of the unit in the assignment of cases, and
reviews and assists with complex cases and the scheduling of work
activities on a regular basis.
- Reviews work product such as home studies, court reports, case
plans and case documentation with case managers, and provides
consultation and direction to them to assure appropriateness,
clarity, quality and thoroughness.
- Identifies performance needs of Case Managers and other
assigned staff, and develops and implements performance improvement
- Provides guidance to Case Managers and other staff by coaching,
motivating, training and providing other staff development
- Identifies and promotes outstanding performance.
- Acts as a liaison to other organizations.
- Facilitates and participates in a variety of staffing.
- Reviews and ensures proper documentation of Case Manager's
- Establishes and maintains a close working relationship with the
- Develops training and staff developments plans with each staff
person under his/her supervision.
- Conducts review and performance plans with unit staff.
- Provides community education through public presentations.
- May participate in activities such as recruitment, training and
facilitation of various meetings.
- Participates in agency CQI activities as required.Other
Functions:Performs all other related work as assigned.Physical
Requirements:Must have a high level of energy, be adaptable to
irregular hours, be flexible to rotate on-call as needed, be able
to travel as needed.Education:Must possess a Bachelor degree in
Social Work or a degree in the human services field. Must have a
Child Protection Certificate.Experience:Must have experience as a
certified child welfare case manager working with troubled children
and families. - Prior supervisory experience preferred.Skills:
- Knowledge of theories and practice of child protection,
counseling, social work and family assessments. -
- Knowledge of professional ethics related to child protection
- Knowledge of physical and behavioral indicators of abuse and
- Knowledge of effective management skills.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques.
- Knowledge of court procedures and legal requirements.
- Knowledge of methods of collecting, organizing and analyzing
- Knowledge of supervision techniques.
- Skills in direct observation of Case Manager's abilities in
interacting appropriately with families, community resources,
service providers and other professionals.
- Ability to develop and implement individual case plans.
- Ability to assess Case Manager's performance and develop
performance improvement plans.
- Ability to analyze the effectiveness of service programs, and
identify resources or make adjustments needed to meet needs.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff members.
- Ability to understand and apply relevant laws, rules,
regulations policies, and procedures.
- Ability to conduct through case staffings and other
- Reports to Assistant Program Director
- Team player with co-workers, administrators and funders
- Accurate, complete, and timely submission of required
- Adherence to all licensing and quality assurance standards
- Adherence to agency policies and procedures
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population's
cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.Why work for
LSF?LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida serving a
wide range of populations in need. -Mission Driven staff members
become part of the LSF community while transforming the lives of
those in need. Our staff additionally find growth opportunities as
they explore areas of interest within the -organization. - -Amazing
benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Teledoc (24/7 online access to Doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR
3% student loan repayment reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursementLutheran Services Florida embraces
diversity, equity and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is
proud to be an equal opportunity -employer.
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Fort Myers , Case Manager Supervisor (7440), Executive , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!