Employment Case Manager (5997)
Company: Lutheran Services Florida
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where children
are safe, families are strong and communities are vibrant.LSF is
looking for a talented Employment Case Manager who would like to
make an impact in the lives of others.Purpose & Impact:The
Employment Case Manager will provide employment services to newly
arriving parolees enrolled in the Matching Grant program.A Day in
the Life of an Employment Case Manager:
- Coordinate daily participant registration process.
- Interview participants individually to assess needs and provide
referrals after intake.
- Develop Employability and Self-sufficiency Plans face to face
- Monitor compliance with the goals and objectives set in
participant's Employability Plan.
- Ensure achievement of participant's Self-sufficiency Plan.
- Develop relationships with area employers that allow for
placement of program participants in job opportunities.
- Conduct outreach to area employers to provide program
information and to inquire about job openings.
- Assist and lead in the provision of orientation on the U.S job
market as well as pre-employment training.
- Assist program participants with building resume.
- Assist program participants in job search and the submission of
- Place participants in jobs appropriate to their needs,
circumstances, and skills.
- Follow up with program participants and employers to ensure
retention, address any issues, and explore job upgrade
- Provide career counseling as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of the Afghan
Placement and Assistance (APA) Program including benefits and
services paroles qualify for.
- Ensure that program participants are being served in a
linguistically and culturally appropriate manner and provide
education and advocacy when necessary.
- Coordinate services with staff members and stakeholders to
support program participants' progress toward
- Maintain case documentation of all services provided and submit
written reports as required.
- Attend stakeholder meetings and work with community partners to
learn about employment opportunities for parolees and make
referrals when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Other Functions:
- Must possess a clean/valid Florida Driver License, reliable
transportation and proof of insurance (transcript of driving record
will be requested from the Department of Motor Vehicle at the time
- May enter all financial transactions of the client's funds into
the IRIS system as well as accounting per procedures in a timely
- May create and document check request vouchers for all R&P,
APA, MG, and PC clients per scheduled if necessary
- Completes inventory control data entry form from DPVs, enters
information in the database, and tags all the equipment and
- Provides indirect supervision of MG Program staff.
- Assists manager with RFP and other project.
- Assists Manager in enforcement and attaining program
- Provides training to program staff if necessary.Physical
- Able to travel to other counties.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to utilize office equipment.
- Able to work in fast paced environment.Education:Bachelor's
degree or equivalent; experience working with refugees or 4 years'
experience working in the refugee field with an associate's
degree.Experience:At least four (4) years of successful work
experience in employment services.Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of community resources and ability to connect
families to community services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical assessment and analysis skills
- Ability to work and deal a diverse group of clients.
- Must be able to keep confidential information.
- BilingualOther:Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service
population's cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and
- Reports to Program Manager
- Must be a team player with monitors as well as other clerical
- Accurate, complete and timely submission of required reports to
funders and LSF.
- Effective working relationship with clients (providers).
- Adherence to LSF policies and procedures.
Why work for LSF?LSF offers 60 programs across the state of Florida
serving a wide range of populations in need. Mission Driven staff
members become part of the LSF community while transforming the
lives of those in need. Our staff additionally find growth
opportunities as they explore areas of interest within the
organization.Amazing benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Teledoc (24/7 online access to Doctors)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary)
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy (starting at 16 working days a year)
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer match OR
3% student loan repayment reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity and inclusion
in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an equal opportunity
Keywords: Lutheran Services Florida, Fort Myers , Employment Case Manager (5997), Executive , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!