Assistant Banquet Manager-Luminary Hotel & Co.
Company: Mainsail Lodging & Development
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary:Assistant Banquet Manager will be
responsible for direct supervision of banquet functions, banquet
servers, bartenders and set up staff within property to ensure
exceptional service to all guests and ensure events flow smoothly.
He/she will work closely with the Banquet Manager Banquet Chef and
Director of Catering and Conventions to continually uphold the
standards in accordance with the Autograph Collection standards
under the franchise of Mainsail Lodging & Development.Essential
- Follow Event Orders paying attention to specific details to
ensure the function runs flawlessly.
- Prepare schedules for Banquet Servers, Banquet Bartenders,
Banquet Set up Staff to business forecast, payroll budget
guidelines, and productivity requirements.
- Complete accurate banquet checks according to Event Orders and
obtain signature of host.
- Coordinate food service between kitchen and banquet service
- Facilitate ease of service with audio visual provider.
- Complete set-up, strike list, and closing inspection
- Inspect all set up requirements and ensure that EO is followed
to client expectations.
- Follow-up on each function by completing or reviewing a Banquet
Captain Report and Notes are to consist of reporting all details of
the event i.e., opportunities, challenges, and guest comments.
- Always comply with Mainsail Lodging & Development's standards
and regulations to encourage safe and efficient Private Event
- Review and implement table and seating diagrams.
- Manage all opening and closing side work of banquet servers and
banquet set up staff
- Assist Baquet Manager in scheduling staff for all events
throughout the complex.
- Work as a Banquet Captain or Banquet Set up staff where
- Follow all Alcohol Training to ensure guests' ID's are verified
for consumption of alcohol.
- Follow all health and safety regulations in accordance with the
State and local regulations.
- Control costs by conducting par checks / inventory to review
portion control and reduce waste.
- Conduct monthly inventories on a timely basis and manage
- Maintain banquet cleanliness in front and back of house.
- Conduct pre-shift and post shift reports to give to Banquet
Manager & Director of Catering and Conventions
- Monitor beverage staff to ensure proper portion control and
maintain low beverage cost all events.
- Ensure guest privacy and security by correctly following
Luminary Hotel procedures.
- Motivate, coach, counsel, and discipline according to Mainsail
Lodging & Development standards.
- Respond to all guest requests, situations, complaints, and
accidents presented to the Banquet team in an attentive, courteous
and efficient manner.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with all management and team members.
- Operate all aspects of the guest services computer system,
including software maintenance, report generation and analysis and
- Other duties as requested by Banquet Manager or Director of
Catering and Conventions.Qualification StandardsEducation &
- 2-3 years supervision of banquet captains, lead bartenders and
or banquet set up staff.
- Understanding of Banquet Event Orders, Floorplan sets and
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals or
- Proficient with MICROS, Marriott CI/TY and Microsoft Office
highly preferred.Physical Demands
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Willing to work flexible hours (i.e. weekends, evenings, and
- Ability to lift 50bls
- Ability to work in different weather conditionsMental Demands
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards
- Able to work in a teamwork environment, take direction, and
provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel,
and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high-pressure
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving
problems as necessaryMainsail Lodging & Development is a proud
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to
attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse
and inclusive workforce. It is Mainsail's policy to ensure equal
employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based
on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal state and/or local law.
Mainsail Lodging & Development maintains a drug-free
workplace.Powered by JazzHRDU8Ufrnnof
Keywords: Mainsail Lodging & Development, Fort Myers , Assistant Banquet Manager-Luminary Hotel & Co., Executive , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!