Company: Pelican Larry's Seafood, Sports, Spirits
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: November 26, 2022
_*Kitchen Manager Job Summary*_
*Reports To *Area Director of Operations
*Level/Salary Range: *Senior Executive
*Position *Full time/salaried with Quarterly Bonus Program
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for all kitchen functions,
including but not limited to food purchasing, receiving,
preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety,
sanitation, and cleanliness. The Kitchen Manager is responsible for
the training of employees in connection with purchasing, receiving,
preparation, and maintenance of quality standards, safety,
sanitation, and cleanliness.
The position reports to the Area Director of Operations and serves
as a member of the management team. This position participates with
the President, Area Director of Operations, and other management
staff in planning, coordinating, and executing all tasks related to
effective business operation. Within the
Organization, the kitchen manager has primary working relationships
with the Area Director of Operations, General Manager, and
back-of-house staff. Outside the agency, the position coordinates
primarily with food service suppliers, community organizations, and
the general public.
1. Conduct training for kitchen personnel and monitor worker
2. Direct and coordinate food and beverage preparation
3. Cook and plate all menu items according to company recipes
4. Maintain proper documentation and work records
5. Create recipe cards for each menu item
6. Price items on menu
7. Determine food costs
8. Modify cooking procedures or processes to meet industry standard
9. Schedule employee work hours
10. Direct and coordinate activities of BOH staff
11. Estimate materials and labor requirements
12. Use effective verbal and written communication techniques
13. Inspect facilities and equipment for regulatory compliance,
specifically health code compliance
14. Oversee kitchen staff to verify safety and conformance to
industry standards and health practices
1. Requisition stock, materials, supplies, or equipment
2. Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other kitchen
3. Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged
in food preparation.
4. Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items based on food,
labor, and overhead costs.
5. Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and
6. Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and
menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of
ingredients and the likely number of customers.
7. Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation and cooking
8. Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that
standards are met.
9. Check the quantity and quality of received products.
10. Record production and operational data on specified forms.
11. Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food
12. Meet with the Events Coordinator to discuss menus for special
occasions such as parties and catering
13. Prepare and cook foods of all types, either regularly or for
special guests or functions.
14. Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure
15. Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food
operations within the establishment
16. Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative
17. Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure
conformance to established standards.
18. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to
19. Estimate food needs, place orders with distributors, and
schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
20. Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and
served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking,
and serving standards.
_*Food Sanitation and Safety*_
* Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow
standards and regulations.
* Instruct cooks and other workers in sanitary preparation,
cooking, garnishing, and food presentation.
* Ensure proper compliance with all HACCP guidelines
* Ensure proper receiving, storage, and handling of all food
* Surpass all required federal, state, county, and city health
codes for cleanliness
* Create, implement, and monitor daily, weekly, and monthly
* Ensure proper cleaning schedules of kitchen equipment and ice
* Ensure proper cleaning schedules of hoods and grease traps
* Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general
cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
* Responsible for ensuring consistent high-quality of food
preparation and service.
* Must be ServSafe certified.
* Will uphold all Florida Department of Health and Food Safety
regulations and ServSafe guidelines
* Maintain a climate that attracts, retains, and motivates
top-quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
* Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote
and guide qualified personnel as needed
* Ensure effective management within the restaurant
* Design, support, and oversee cross-functional teams throughout
* Effectively enable staff so they can take action on behalf of the
Organization by transmitting the Organization's values, vision and
* Providing direction and resources, removing barriers and helping
develop people's skills
* Articulating expectations and clarifying roles and
* Anticipating conflicts and facilitating resolution
* Modeling behavior and coaching people to success
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* 3 years
* 5 years
* Casual dining restaurant
* 10 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Rotating weekends
* Weekend availability
* Due to the seasonal nature of the hospitality business in SWFL,
are you available to work up to 55 hours per week between November
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Kitchen management: 1 year (Required)
* ServSafe Manager Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Pelican Larry's Seafood, Sports, Spirits, Fort Myers , Kitchen Manager, Executive , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!