Manager, Occupational Health and Safety
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Location:Work At HomePay Range:$56,014.40 - $104,020.80Position
Summary:The Manager, Occupational Health, Safety and Wellness
creates and supports programs to drive AON's employee health,
safety and wellness programs across all practices, across the US.
Advocates for a healthy, safe workplace and resilient workforce
practices. Areas of responsibilities include:
- Manages the Employee/Occupational Health, Safety and Wellness
areas for all AON practices and central services functions.
- Integral to every AON acquisition and transition to lead due
diligence and assessment as part of transition.
- Leads required industry programs but also creative,
progressive, holistic and resilient employee health, safety and
wellness practices, programs and processes for AON.
- Ensures the integration and coordination of services across the
organization which include consistent and standardized operations,
infrastructure, and overall strategic direction of all employee
health and safety matters.
- Manages Employee Health and Worker's Compensation along with
overseeing drug testing and various other testing procedures as
required by job and state. Works with AON Workers compensation
administrator to ensure claim follow up and closure, back to work
timelines and loss run management.
- Collaborates with Compliance and Risk Management functions to
ensure alignment and proactive claim review and reduce repeat
- Manages AON leave of absence programs with third party
administrator consistently integrating the leave of absence
program, triage line, based on Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
laws, and any relevant new laws or state specific
- Leave administration expert with emphasis on return to work
programs and plans.
- Plans treatment, management, and prevention of communicable
disease and the development of protocols in collaboration with
Directors of Nursing and other respective leaders and
- Leads annual Employee Influenza program and is responsible for
Mandatory Influenza Vaccination policy and influenza vaccination
- Serves as manager/consultant for Infection Control issues and
programs. Knowledgeable of the principles, concepts and methodology
of infection prevention and control practices.
- With VP, HR and Senior leaders champions all efforts regarding
COVID in the workplace and COVID response for employees - including
but not limited to work from home
strategies/response/tracking/policy, positive and negative testing,
symptomatic and asymptomatic employees, exposures, sanitation
protocols, quarantine and return to work, leave status etc. Tracks
and manages spread. Counsels practice leaders.
- Complies with CDC, DOH and all regulatory agencies including
compliance with TB, N95, Hepatitis B, and annual Occupational
Health training for all employees.
- Manages Employee Health Record using PURE OHS systems or other
applications to track all necessary employee health records per
license, certification, and state/federal agency requirements.
- Develops and maintains overall safety plan for AON with
customized planning for each practice and their locations by state.
Complies with all OSHA requirements and agency reporting.
- Partners with Wellness provider to compliment all programs and
benefits for employee to stay well and healthy in life and
- Interacts with HRIS Workday to establish leaves and other time
off work related to employee health or safety issue. Leads
integration efforts with other systems such as employee health
- Demonstrates project management skills in leading both direct
and indirect teams across the organization related to health,
wellness and safety programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Position
- High school education required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing; Advanced Practice preferred
- Active RN license required. NP/PA preferred.Experience:
- 10 years' hands on experience preferred in employee health,
wellness, and safety/risk management required. Case Management
- 3 years managing people and function in healthcare setting
- Experience in all areas of employee leave administration -
workers comp, FML, ADA, DBL, LTD, COVID, FLU etc
- Merger/Acquisition experience preferred.
- Multi state experience required
- Workday experience or other HRIS and Leave Administration
- Experience working across multiple geographies in a virtual
working environment, fully utilizing technology and communication
- Experience with third party leave and workers compensation
- Experience in risk management/reducing risk planning
- Experience and detailed knowledge of laws, procedures and
regulations affecting workers' compensation, FMLA, Disability.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects and tasks
- Strong customer service, attention to detail and
time-management skills.Core Capabilities:
- Analysis & Critical Thinking: Critical thinking skills
including solid problem solving, analysis, decision-making,
planning, time management and organizational skills. Must be
detailed oriented with the ability to exercise independent
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Developed interpersonal skills,
emotional intelligence, diplomacy, tact, conflict management,
delegation skills, and diversity awareness. Ability to work
effectively with sensitive and confidential material and sometimes
emotionally charged matters.
- Communication Skills: Good command of the English language.
Second language is an asset but not required. Effective
communication skills (oral, written, presentation), is an active
listener, and effectively provides balanced feedback.
- Customer Service & Organizational Awareness: Strong customer
focus. Ability to build an engaging culture of quality, performance
effectiveness and operational excellence through best practices,
strong business and political acumen, collaboration and
partnerships, as well as a positive employee, physician and
- Self-Management: Effectively manages own time, conflicting
priorities, self, stress, and professional development.
Self-motivated and self-starter with ability work independently
with limited supervision. Ability to work remotely effectively as
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-site
environment with demonstrated ability to juggle competing
priorities and demands from a variety of stakeholders and
- Computer Skills:
- Expert in MS Office Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Workday experience required.Travel: Standard Core
Workdays/Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Keywords: Nurse.com, Fort Myers , Manager, Occupational Health and Safety, Executive , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!