Veterinary Receptionist (Fort Myers-FL)
Company: Pet Paradise Resort
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: January 7, 2022
At Pet Paradise, we believe in delivering high quality medicine
along with an exceptional client experience in a compassionate
environment. With our innovative, comprehensive pet care
experience, patients can experience veterinary care in a less
stressful environment. A place where routine exams, diagnostics,
vaccinations and wellness programs are only a splash away from the
pool and their best friends.
Pet Paradise is a rapidly growing company providing a unique
opportunity for veterinary receptionists at any stage of their
career, whether you are a recent graduate, experienced, or just
looking for a refreshing new career path. We believe in hiring
staff with diverse skill sets, education, cultures and prior
experience working together to deliver the highest quality
veterinary care and client experience.
As a Veterinary Receptionist, you will:
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Schedule client appointments
- Update and file patient charts, enter data into computerized
- Assist with pet supply purchases (supplements, grooming items,
over the counter treatments, or other items)
- Must keep the waiting room neat and clean at all times
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills including
professional and polished phone etiquette
- Reliable and flexible to Resort schedule needs including
weekends and holidays as these are our busiest times.
- The veterinary receptionist must be comfortable working around
a variety of animals and
- May be required to take animals back into the treatment area if
all technicians are otherwise occupied
- Must be able to screen and schedule individuals attempting to
contact the veterinarians, such as veterinary pharmaceutical sales
representatives and other vendors
- Must also be able to communicate well with all members of the
veterinary office staff including veterinarians, technicians,
kennel attendants, and practice managers.
Perks & Benefits:
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp - Bring your dog with you to
- 30 Days of Complimentary Pet Boarding (non-holidays)
- On-demand pay with DailyPay
- Discounted Veterinary Care and Grooming Services (per
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (both full-time and part-time status)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time status)
Language Ability:Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write
simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information
in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and
other employees of the organization.
Math Ability:Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
Reasoning Ability:Ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions. Ability to problem solve.
Certificates and Licenses:No specific license required.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and outdoor
weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes
or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of
electrical shock and vibration.
The employee may be exposed to animals that are agitated and/or
injured. Associates may be exposed to animals that may scratch
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to
stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required
to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Pet Paradise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Pet Paradise Resort, Fort Myers , Veterinary Receptionist (Fort Myers-FL), Healthcare , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!