Home Health Registered Nurse RN Full Time - Home Health
Company: Aveanna Healthcare
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Home Health Registered Nurse RN Full TimeRequisition
Location:Fort Myers, FL 33919
This is a SWING SHIFT position - Monday thru Friday, 12-8p -
Responsible to facilitate late hospital discharges and add-on
The Staff Registered Nurse provides skilled nursing care to home
health patients as prescribed by the patient's physician and in
accordance with the policies and procedures of Willowbrook Home
Health Care. She/he provides care in a manner which promotes
quality, continuity and safety for the patient.
Clinical Manager or Branch Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
* INDICATES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* 1. Provides professional skilled nursing care to patients in the
home setting following the plan of care developed by the nurse in
collaboration with the physician.
* 2. Adheres to agency and patient care policies including the
implementation of patient's rights and responsibilities.
3. Will be required to perform the initial nursing admission and
participate in developing the plan of care.
* 4. Must understand and properly implement the use of the Oasis in
relationship to start of cares, resumes, recerts and
* 5. Completes interim orders in a timely manner for any changes in
the plan of care communicated to/by the physician.
* 6. Reports any changes in the patient's condition to the
physician and or Clinical Manager, as warranted.
7. Recommends evaluations from other disciplines if patient's
8. Promotes and teaches maintaining a safe environment for the
* 9. Instructs patients/caregivers in procedures, medications,
diet, etc., and other aspects of the plan of care.
* 10. Supervises care provided by home health aides and
communicates changes in the plan of care.
* 11. Completes, maintains and submits clinical notes regarding
patient visits. Submits clinical notes within 48 hours according to
* 12. Attends in-services and continuing education meetings in an
effort to keep current on new developments and techniques.
* 13. Participates in ITM conferences and makes recommendations
based on needs of the patient as condition changes.
14. Demonstrates flexibility when changes in assignment are
15. Maintains sound privacy and security practices and prevents
privacy or security breaches. If breach occurs, corrective action
will be taken.
16. Performs additional duties and accepts responsibilities as
1. Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of
2. Minimum one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or home
3. Good communication and organizational skills.
4. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all
segments of staff as well as professionals and lay persons.
1. Able to tolerate being physically active the entire working
2. Able to transfer, lift and guard patients safely with
appropriate level of assistance and without any likelihood of
injury to the patient or self.
3. Able to bend, stoop, squat and lift numerous times daily.
4. Able to carry out fine motor and manual dexterity skills
required to perform treatments/care for the assigned caseload.
5. Mental acuity and judgment skills to adequately and safely
perform job requirements and assure patient safety.
6. Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory
and visual needs and clinical indications of the assigned
7. No medical problems that could endanger self or others if such
should occur while providing patient care.
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees
must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant
jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject
to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Keywords: Aveanna Healthcare, Fort Myers , Home Health Registered Nurse RN Full Time - Home Health, Healthcare , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!