Remote - Medical Self Pay Specialist
Company: Source Medical
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Since 1996, Surgical Information Systems ("SIS") has been
dedicated to providing surgical care providers with the solutions
and services they need to deliver improved operational, financial,
and clinical outcomes.
Focused exclusively on perioperative IT, the SIS award-winning
product suite  is built specifically for the perioperative
environment and includes hospital and ASC-focused solutions
covering perioperative Electronic Medical Records (EMRs),
Anesthesia Information Management Systems (AIMS), ASC business
management, and business intelligence and analytics solutions.
Services include revenue cycle management to complement SIS's
SIS solutions have been recognized by Black Book Research Rankings
for consecutive seven years as the No. 1 ranked outpatient EHR. SIS
received the Best in KLAS 2022 Award in the ASC category for SIS
Charts, SIS' EHR solution. SIS has been recognized as one of the
Top 100 Healthcare Technology Companies by The Healthcare
Technology Report and as a Top Workplace US & ATL by Energage for
two years in a row.
For more information, visit SISFirst.com .
We put the health and welfare of our Associates above all else.
Because of this strong belief, Surgical Information Systems does
require a vaccine for COVID-19 or weekly testing and the wearing of
Black Book Research Rankings - "Top Technology Solutions:
Ambulatory Surgical Centers" February 2020, "Top Technology
Solutions: Ambulatory Surgical Centers" April 2019, "Top Ambulatory
Electronic Health Records Solutions: Ambulatory Surgical Centers"
April 2018, "Top Electronic Medical Records/Electronic Health
Records Vendors" April 2017, & "Top Ambulatory Electronic Health
Records Vendors Comparative Performance Result Set of Top EHR
Vendors," May 2016.
SIS, the SIS logo, and Surgical Information Systems are trademarks
of Surgical Information Systems, LLC. AmkaiSolutions, AmkaiCharts,
AmkaiOffice, and AmkaiAnalytics are trademarks of Amkai LLC.
AdvantX, Vision, and SurgiSource are trademarks of SourceMedical
Solutions, Inc. Other company and product names may be trademarks
of their respective owner.
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION
The Self Pay Specialist is responsible for collection efforts on
Self-Pay Accounts. Will act as the billing office for designated
Ambulatory Surgical Centers. Will handle the Accounts Receivable
for Clients, generate statements, and contact patients for medical
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Willing to learn software billing systems
- Generates Patient Statements, uploading to statement vendor
- Places Courtesy Calls to patients regarding outstanding
- Initiates contact through online solutions; like Text
Messaging, dialer, etc...
- Creates and Reports to client(s) Monthly Collections List for
accounts that require review and approval to send to Collection
Agency and/or written off to bad debt
- Researches and explains patient financial responsibility,
according to Explanation of Benefits and Facilities Self Pay policy
- Handles all inbound calls from patients and clients regarding
Self Pay Accounts Receivable
- Researches and Documents all patient contact (inbound or
outbound) in clients software system, which includes clear and
detailed description of action taken, next step and expected
- Monitors and resolves all Self Pay Accounts Receivable upon
Self Pay entry or transfer date from Insurance; Follow up at least
once every 30 days with more frequent follow up as necessary
- Credit card payments processed to center in a timely
- Collaborates cross-functionally within the team, to accomplish
adjustment requests, insurance research, etc...
- Other duties as assigned
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Healthcare billing experience required
- Healthcare patient collections/customer service experience
- Knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9/10 codes is a plus
- Knowledge of how to read and understand an Explanation of
Benefits is a plus
- Knowledge of computers and Windows-driven software, Microsoft
- Ability to solve problems and everyday tasks with critical
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Billing Software System - AdvantX, Vision,
SurgiSource a plus
- Cooperative work attitude toward and with co-employees,
management, patients, outside contacts
- Ability to promote favorable company image with patients,
insurance companies, and general public
- Must have a minimum of 40Mbps internet download speed to
effectively run SIS Systems We believe employees are our greatest
asset and we empower them to make a difference in our business.
Diversity and inclusion makes us all better. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, and all other
Surgical Information Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
complies with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V/SO are encouraged
At this time we are unable to sponsor H1B candidates
Keywords: Source Medical, Fort Myers , Remote - Medical Self Pay Specialist, Healthcare , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!