RN (Days 7a-7:30p) - Med Surg
Company: Park Royal Hospital
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: January 16, 2023
RN (Days 7a-7:30p)Job Description
Responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients
with a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude to foster a
supportive and therapeutic environment. Recognize that patient
safety is a top priority.
* Provide and coordinate care by assessing physical and behavioral
health needs of patient, develop and implement nursing care plans,
maintain medical records and educate patients and their families
about various physical and behavioral health conditions.
* Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope
of nursing practice as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act
regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as
facility and corporate policies and procedures.
* Ensure physician's orders are legible if taken verbally and
transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.
* Ensure patient's status is assessed on an ongoing basis and
pertinent information gathered is documented.
* Collaborate with others to ensure that all patients' physical,
biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs are met and
when they are not met, acknowledges and works to resolve customer
* Notify physician of significant changes in status such as
difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical
status regarding response to medications, etc.
* Ensure nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs and
initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
* Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of universal precautions in
providing direct patient care.
* Accurately administer medications per ordered note and document
accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on
* Responsible for completing admission and discharge processed
efficiently and accurately as directed.
* Exhibit therapeutic rapport with patients by maintaining
professional boundaries, being respectful to personal space, giving
patient direct attention and maintaining rational detachment.
* Provide direction or coordinate the activities of the unit as
* Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patients,
visitors, coworkers and others involved in patient treatment in an
* Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Park Royal Hospital, Fort Myers , RN (Days 7a-7:30p) - Med Surg, Healthcare , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!