Genetics Medical Technologist (Day Shift)
Company: KA Recruiting Inc.
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Generalist opening in Fort Myers, Florida. This and other
medical technologist jobs brought to you by
- Permanent and full-time position
- Day shift roles- (7am-9am start times) M-F shifts and Tues-Sat
- Responsible for daily specimen processing in the Genetics
laboratory, including technical and non-technical duties.
- Under general supervision performs culture initiation, harvest,
metaphase and interphase slide preparation, and G-banding of bone
marrow and peripheral blood specimens; performs fluorescence
in-situ hybridization (FISH) wet lab procedures such as probe
hybridization and post washing.
- Communicates with staff physicians and other staff employees
regarding patient's specimen. Works with management personnel to
ensure efficient and technically correct systems and procedures in
the laboratory that includes QA/QC of reagents, instrumentation,
proficiency testing, etc.
- Key Performance Areas: - Performs Cytogenetic wet lab
- Performs FISH wet lab procedures -
- Performs technical procedures for molecular assay (Prosigna)
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, molecular or related
field and/or successful completion of a medical technology or
related field training program. -
- FL laboratory license in the designated area(s) is
- CG (ASCP) certification is required within the first two years
of employment. -
- Minimum 1 year of related experience preferred.
- Experience may be substituted for education as described by
State of Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel Statutes. If you
would like more information, please APPLY or contact Megan
data-cc-highlighted="true"> You can also call/text at !
Keywords: KA Recruiting Inc., Fort Myers , Genetics Medical Technologist (Day Shift), Healthcare , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...