MSW- Home Health- PRN
Company: Mederi Caretenders
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: October 9, 2019
The Social Worker (MSW) in Home Health assists patients and
families in coping with problems resulting from severe or long-term
illness, and with difficulties in recovery and rehabilitation. The
Social Worker (MSW) will assess, diagnose, and treat patient's
mental and social conditions, counsel individuals and-or families,
and update case records. The licensed social worker with a master's
degree performs these functions under the supervision of the
licensed master's degreed social worker.
Mederi Caretenders, a part of LHC Group. is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Assists the patient, significant others, physician, and health
care team staff to understand significant personal, emotional,
environmental, and social factors and difficulties related to the
patient's health problems; which interfere with maximizing the
benefit of medical services and the plan of care.
- Contributes as a health care team member to the development of
comprehensive, integrated treatment plans for patients.
- Instructs health care team members on community resources
available to assist patients.
- Plans for continuity of care with hospitals and community
- Assesses and treats social and emotional factors related to
patient's illness to determine ability to cope with daily living
- Assists the patient and significant others to understand,
accept, follow, and implement medical recommendations.
- Assists the patient and significant others in utilizing
community resources which will help the patient to achieve and
maintain optimal functioning.
- Identifies gaps in community resources and stimulates resource
development and/or improvement.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; completes a
progress note for each visit; and submits progress notes to the
agency on an at least weekly basis.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides in-service to agency staff as needed
- Sends the physician a written summary report on patient's
condition at least every 60 days
- All other duties as assignedIND0919
- Master's Degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the
Council of Social Work Education.
- One year of social work experience in a healthcare setting.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Mederi Caretenders, Fort Myers , MSW- Home Health- PRN, Healthcare , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!