Field Operations Manager Trainee 95% travel
Company: 84 Lumber Company
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Description/Job SummaryThe position is an almost 100% travel
position assisting stores with operations. It includes marketing,
sales and management. An essential part of the position is
flexibility. The position will provide an advanced education in
management and operations and will provide valuable knowledge
learned from multiple store Managers, Area Managers and DVP's.
Training: At 84 Lumber we offer an excellent and comprehensive
Early Development Program and Self Study Program, which successful
candidates complete within 4-6 months. All successful candidates
attend a comprehensive 3-day training program at our Corporate
Headquarters where you will get one on one training with our field
experienced trainers. There will be extensive training at our
Chandler, AZ store.
- Assist with operations projects at various locations.
- Fill in for Store Manager and Co-Manager vacancies.
- Sell of dead, obsolete and overstock inventory.
- Train store associates on advanced operations skills.
- Assist in helping stores recover that are in disaster
- Sell lumber and building materials, conduct price quotes,
process orders and returns, and develop excellent product
- Create material estimates for customers in a timely
- Marketing on craigslist or other online media.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of POS system.
- Some P&L experience.
- Self-Starter that is able to think outside the box.Required
- Experience working in a team atmosphere
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Previous experience in retail or building industry highly
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must take and pass drug test and consent to a background
- Must take and pass other pre-employment assessments
- Work in outdoor/indoor conditions, and ability to load and
unload lumber and other building materials with or without
reasonable accomodationsRequired EducationThe minimum requirements
for this position are a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college
or university; or at least 2 years of specific experience and/or
training related to the essential functions of the job; or
equivalent combination of education and training.Preferred
Qualifications84 Lumber soon will be subject to COVID-19 vaccine
requirements under OSHA's Emergency Temporary Standard. As a
result, we are requiring all new associates to submit proof of full
vaccination with one of the three COVID-19 vaccines approved and/or
authorized by the FDA, or proof of having received the first
vaccine dose with the second dose scheduled, on or before their
first day of employment, unless the associate has been approved for
an exemption.DetailsSupervisory Responsibility:
This position requires the ability to lead and direct coworkers as
well as temporary labor from an outside vendor.
Work inside and outside of store locations. Lifting up to
This position requires frequent sitting, use of hands, talking,
listening, climbing ladders and stairs. Periodically this position
walks, stands and reaches. Rarely, this position balances, stoops,
kneels, crouch or crawl.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work depends on store hours
of operations, 45 hours per week.
Extensive travel to potentially any store in the company.
Keywords: 84 Lumber Company, Fort Myers , Field Operations Manager Trainee 95% travel, Hospitality & Tourism , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!