Mgr, Employment Compliance - 11215 Metro Pkwy
Company: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 11, 2022
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the
U.S., as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it
takes sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to
ensure the continued success of our businesses. From finance and
accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse
opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team
of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
POSITION OBJECTIVE:This position is responsible for driving
proactive, risk-reduction initiatives, managing state and federal
agency charges, audits, and managing litigation matters. FUNCTIONAL
- Researches and drafts strategic responses to internal legal
complaints, attorney demand letters, and state and federal agency
charges (including drafting position statements).
- Negotiates settlements with state and federal agencies.
- Prepares witnesses for interviews with state and federal agency
- Prepares settlement and severance agreements that comply with
the ADEA, ERISA and state law requirements.
- Consults with business partners including HR generalists,
Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, Learning and Development, and
Recruiting, regarding high-risk HR issues.
- Develops and revises policies, programs, processes, and
guidelines to meet the needs of the organization, comply with
employment law requirements.
- Identifies and researches emerging legal issues to ensure
compliance with state and federal laws.
- Manages complex, cross-functional and cross-brand initiatives,
such as background check program and wage-hour compliance
- In partnership with human resources, supports the development
of legally compliant leave of absence policies and procedures, and
partners with HR on high-risk leave and ADA issues.
- Conducts and consults on internal investigations.
- Creates and presents employment law training.
- Conducts compliance audits and recommend changes while
maintaining attorney-client privilege where appropriate.
- Manages litigation matters, including factual investigation and
defense development, review and approval of discovery responses,
and maintenance of internal calendaring and filing system.
- Ensures all insurance claims for employment matters are
submitted in a timely manner.
- Tracks and analyzes employment law metrics to identify trends,
areas of risk and departmental "wins and losses".
- Manages responses to subpoenas and requests for employee
- Completes various legal research projects.QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS degree degree
- 5 - 7 years progressive HR experience
- 4+ years of employment law experience
- Corporate law department, retail experience preferred
- Experience interacting and negotiating with state and federal
agencies and opposing counsel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in reviewing and drafting legal documents, including
position statements, discovery responses and litigation
- Proven presentation and training skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to resolve complex, highly sensitive work-related
- Desire to work on a variety of HR and Legal matters and to grow
- Strong customer service orientation
- Self-starter with ability to manage own workload and complete
complex projects from beginning to end
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in, or ability to learn, PowerPoint and HRIS system
Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status,
age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical
conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, military service,
veteran status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local law. Apply Now
Keywords: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services, Fort Myers , Mgr, Employment Compliance - 11215 Metro Pkwy, Human Resources , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!