Network Systems Administrator II
Company: Florida Southwestern State College
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: November 7, 2018
The Network Systems Administrator II is a highly technical position that functions as essential support personnel for all areas of college enterprise computing and system administration. Under the supervision of the Director, Network Systems and Infrastructure, this position is responsible for providing near to 100% reliability and performance of all College enterprise computing systems to effectively support teaching and learning at Florida SouthWestern State College. General Responsibilities Essential Functions
- Designs, implements, and maintains physical and virtual Servers, operating systems, and software on various vendor specific and vendor agnostic platforms that are commissioned to industry standards and recommended best practices.
- Provides daily administration of all physical and virtual Servers, on premise or in the cloud, while working within the IT team to schedule necessary deployment or maintenance for each system.
- Monitors and administers all College enterprise system data backup processes, stores, and schedules. Provides system backup logs to be reviewed weekly with IT management while recommending improvements or modifications to enterprise backup systems.
- Administers and maintains disaster recovery systems, processes, and replicated files at all campus locations including cloud based resources. Designs and monitors network resources which effectively backup Florida SouthWestern State College enterprise systems.
- Functions as the primary, lead administrator for all Microsoft email, server, Active Directory, and Office 365 products.
- Manages new and existing user accounts, file shares, GPO's, and other shared network resources for the College domain.
- Functions as the team lead and primary IT contact for enterprise SAN design, administration and resources.
- Proactively monitors and reports issues with college enterprise systems, network, and resources while working with IT staff or vendors to resolve issues.
- Monitors and reports all enterprise system hardware or software issues to the Director, Information Technology and recommends appropriate action.
- Works with vendors, IT staff, and other College departments to provide technical design and collaboration for College systems upgrades and purchases. Functions effectively with all areas to deploy and support enterprise systems critical to college business and daily function.
- Configures and manages windows security options to protect confidential information while allowing appropriate access. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging security alerts and issues
- Works with the Director, Network Systems and Infrastructure to plan and implement enterprise system upgrades.
- Practices procedures necessary to serve as an effective backup person for various network systems, as designated by the Director.
- Writes and communicates clear, accurate procedural documentation. Creates and implements project plans for new enterprise system deployments and design improvements.
- Provides and maintains cellular telephone and high-speed Internet technology services, which allow immediate accessibility to the College through text and voice messages by cellular phone, and responds as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed; employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. An employee with a disability is encouraged to contact the Human Resources Office to evaluate the job in greater detail in order to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Minimum Qualifications
- Current Microsoft or Cisco network certification (MCSE, CCNA) or an Associate's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in computer science or related field.
- Seven (7) years of related experience, which must include current Microsoft Server administration, Cisco switch and Router administration, and network systems management.
- Demonstrated experience using a personal computer, office software such as MS Office and electronic mail. Computer use includes data entry, word processing and/or accounting functions.
- Experience using an enterprise-wide integrated information system such as SCT Banner.
- Demonstrated experience using a personal computer, office software such as MS Office and electronic mail. Demonstrated ability to:
- Think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational culture.
- Exhibit a thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the
- Possess a working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis
- Make presentations in front of various group
- Take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are
- Anticipate, investigate, and analyze problems and address them
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and the public.
- Work in a fast-paced, demanding
- Work independently and follow through on
- Exhibit solid organizational skills and be detail
- Work with a variety of constituencies and be willing to contribute to a team
- Exercise discretion and good judgment at all times and in all contexts and maintain confidentiality.
- Work effectively with all constituencies of the
- Collect, organize, analyze and present information in a meaningful
- Collaborate and be effective working with diverse Critical Skills/Expertise All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated College goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive
- Present a professional image in word, action and
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other's view of the world, personalities and working
- Conduct oneself in a manner consistent with the College's standards of ethical
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for Work Conditions/Physical Demands/Special Conditions Physical: Routinely requires the ability to see, hear, and speak. Routinely requires sitting, bending, stooping, walking. On occasion, incumbents may be required to lift 20 or more pounds. Environmental: Normal general office. Mental: Routinely requires the ability to interpret, analyze and perform critical thinking skills. Florida SouthWestern State College is committed to providing an educational and working environment free from discrimination and harassment. All programs, activities, employment and facilities of Florida SouthWestern State College are available to all on a non-discriminatory basis, without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or veteran's status. The College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution. PI
Keywords: Florida Southwestern State College, Fort Myers , Network Systems Administrator II, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!