Senior Software Engineer
Company: Watts Water Technologies
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 19, 2019
The Senior Software Engineer works on assigned projects where the
objectives may only be defined at a high level and where many
components have no prior art. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Innovates, conceptualizes, plans, designs, analyzes and tests
software focused on mobile and web IoT solutions for a multitude of
products offered throughout Watts Water Technologies.
- Creates scalable, distributed services that run in residential
and commercial and hybrid cloud infrastructures to optimize our
product lines within the corporate IoT initiative.
- Designs and develops user interfaces with standardization and
consistency over a range of product offerings.
- Defines software specifications by analyzing user requirements
for system features and functionality.
- Creates software development process documentation to include
architectural requirements, design, interface specifications and
- Tests and debugs embedded and other software programs using but
not limited to: Unit testing, black box testing, white box testing,
automated testing methods and scripts and system simulation
- Designs and codes software using but not limited to: Multiple
programming languages, IDE's focused on mobile/web application
development, integration of third party and open source
- Creates and maintains programming and engineering details
including project software specifications and project plans.
- Works closely with other embedded software and hardware
engineers, IT professionals and product management to develop
integrated IoT solutions.
- Compiles and analyzes data; prepares information reports.
Provides input into technical decisions.
- Provides project leadership within scope of position and
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or
- Minimum seven years of relevant experience including
commercial/enterprise software development and deploying IoT
- Experience with Microsoft Azure considered a strong asset.
- Experience with server/database architecture helpful.
- Experience with network/device communication protocols.
- Solid understanding of internet infrastructure and network
- Working knowledge of management tools such as SharePoint and MS
- Solid understanding of software development fundamentals
including contemporary tools used for revision control,
configuration management, continuous integration, automated
- Ability to stay organized in a dynamic working
- Passionate about learning new technologies and creating
- Strong communication, both written and oral and the ability to
present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
to a variety of peers and audiences.
- Actively collaborates with engineers and peer teams, documents
- Ability to work effectively in a research environment using
critical thinking skills and be decisive while working
cooperatively with others.
- Self-directed and able to troubleshoot and solve problems
independently as well as on a team.
- Data and network security.
- High knowledge of programing embedded microcontrollers
- Experience with multiple Windows base IDEs with focus on
- Familiar with Arduino and Mbed.
- Wireless networking.
- Intimate proficiency in C/C#/C++. GCC /Cmake
- Firmware development.
- May include up to 10% travel.
- Works in an office/laboratory environment.
- Ability to move throughout the manufacturing and office
- Alternates between sitting, standing, lifting of items and
moving within the work area.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of
- Other demands include but not limited to oral, written, and
- Work in office environment or Work in a manufacturing
- May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside the
typical office setting.
*As required by the Americans Disabilities Act (ADA)
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Collaborate Across Workgroup
- Initiate Positive Change
- Deliver High Quality Results
- Focus on the Customer
5. Develops Self & Others
By linking this application to your LinkedIn profile, you agree
that you consent to Watts and any of its affiliates, divisions,
and/or third party service providers accessing and using the
information on your LinkedIn profile for the purposes of assessing
your application.Watts is committed to equal employment
opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment
decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran
status, minorities, or any other category protected under
applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the
obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any
employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human
Keywords: Watts Water Technologies, Fort Myers , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!