Senior Corporate and Securities Counsel & Assistant Corporate Secretary - 11215 Metro Pkwy
Company: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: November 21, 2022
With approximately 1,300 boutiques and outlets throughout the U.S.,
as well as an online presence for each of our brands, it takes
sophisticated technology, resources and infrastructure to ensure
the continued success of our businesses. From finance and
accounting to technology and merchandising careers, we have diverse
opportunities available for talented professionals to join our team
of nearly 16,000 associates who share our commitment to excellence.
This position is responsible for: (1) preparation for meetings of
the Board of Directors and various Board Committees, including
developing and reviewing corporate governance documents and
materials; (2) partnering with the Corporate Secretary to research
and advise on matters related to the Board of Directors; (3)
supporting the Company's compliance program; (4) creating,
implementing and managing corporate legal policies; (5) counseling
the business on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters,
including structuring, drafting and negotiating contracts; (6)
providing day-to-day legal advice; (7) resolving issues that arise
in existing commercial relationships; and (8) handling litigation
and pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
- Supports Board and Committees by:
- Drafting agendas, resolutions and minutes
- Monitoring Corporate Governance Guidelines, Committee Charters
and various resolutions for compliance and preparing reports
- Supporting new director orientation and director education
- Planning and summarizing Board and Committee self-assessment
- Coordinating Director compensation and ensuring correct payment
of retainers, annual equity grants, etc.
- Planning and managing the Virtual Annual Meeting of
- Supporting the preparation and review of the Proxy
- Updating, distributing and reviewing Director and Officer
- Ensuring Board biographies are up to date for website and
- Recommending and implementing improvements in corporate
- Provides ongoing legal counseling in a wide range of legal
transactional areas, including service agreements, software
licensing, marketing, e-commerce, strategic alliances, professional
and hosted services, market research, product development, and
technology and marketing products contracts.
- Leads efforts in the creation, implementation and refinement of
forms, policies, guidelines, processes and procedures to comply
with legal requirements and best practices and prepares and
delivers compliance training, as needed.
- Involved in the contracts process and overseeing various
policies, such as the contract policy and records retention and
- Works closely with every business unit of the Company, this
position requires flawless execution of contracting processes and
development of innovative, practical business solutions.
- Identifies, assesses and drives compliance and risk-reduction
initiatives associated with emerging legal issues throughout the
U.S. and locations where the Company operates.
- Facilitates the Company's compliance with various laws, rules,
regulations, and best practices by serving as a leader in the
Company's compliance program.
- Handles litigation and pre-litigation disputes and inquiries,
including customer complaints and vendor issues.
- Manages outside legal counsel, supports legal operations
workflow, including invoice review, and ensures cost-effective,
quality work product.
- Manages a variety of complex, cross-functional and cross-brand
initiatives or projects, as needed.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team.
Leads the team by communicatingexpectations, providing guidance,
delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- JD Degree required, with record of high academic achievement in
undergraduate level and/or in law school
- Substantial experience in corporate secretarial services at a
- 8+ years substantive experience within specialty retail brand
or similar field as a corporate legal counsel with experience in
some of the following areas: (a) contracts (b) marketing, (c)
intellectual property, (d) commercial litigation management, (e)
compliance, (f) real estate, or (g) labor & employment
- Currently licensed to practice law and in good standing with
bar of at least one U.S. State
- Successful candidate must be admitted to Florida Bar as
Authorized House Counsel within one year of being hired
- Demonstrated leadership ability; able to gain the confidence
and respect of management and the Board; able to take direction and
act with conviction in a timely and high-quality manner
- A well-developed understanding of business and the ability to
administer corporate governance matters and present positive,
creative solutions and alternatives for consideration
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
including diplomacy and flexibility
- Proven presentation and training skills
- Ability to effectively coach and leverage internal resources,
outside counsel, and team
- Strong organizational and exceptional project management skills
with acute attention to detail
- Ability to develop positive partnerships and influence at all
levels of an organization
- Enthusiasm and "self-starter" qualities enabling him or her to
manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the
ability to function effectively, efficiently, and calmly in a
fast-paced, client focused and dynamic environment.
- Strong computer skills. (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power
- Experience with a corporate legal department or a nationally
recognized law firm; a mix of corporate law firm and in-house
experience is a plus Chico's FAS, Inc. is an equal opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth and
related medical conditions, lactation, genetic information, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military
service, veteran status, or any other category protected under
federal, state, or local law. Apply Now
Keywords: Chico's FAS, Inc-Shared Services, Fort Myers , Senior Corporate and Securities Counsel & Assistant Corporate Secretary - 11215 Metro Pkwy, Legal , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!