If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process.
Director of Systems Architecture Full-Time Fort Myers, FL,
3 days ago Requisition ID: 2472
The purpose of the Director of Systems Architecture role is to
leverage technology solutions to enable GenesisCare to deliver new
systems and products that fit the existing enterprise environment.
The role will also support and develop the end to end solution
blueprint which will act as a source of guidance and control for
the solution implementation and lead the digital integration team
in the US. The comprehensive guidance will cover the development
and modifications of solution components ensuring relevant
architectures, strategies, policies, standards, and practices
(including security) and that existing and planned solution
components remain compatible. This role is also responsible for
leading our digital integration team ensuring the management and
delivery of integration development activities design, development,
delivery, and monitoring.
Our Vision: Innovating HealthCare, Transforming Lives.
• Collaboration - We achieve more together than we can apart. We
use the power of the GenesisCare network for our shared
• Compassion - We care for our patients and each other. We seek
to understand the lives of others.
• Innovation - We lead change to make healthcare better. Our
courage will make a positive difference for others.
• Outcomes - We deliver quality. Finding a better way helps our
patients, our people, our community and the organisation.
• Quality – deliver high quality patient care
• Access – satisfy unmet need
• Efficiency – leverage the benefits of a network
GenesisCare is Australia’s largest provider of cancer and
cardiac services and also the largest provider of private cancer
services in Spain and the United Kingdom, USA. The organisation
employs more than 5,500 committed medical professionals and
Our combined purpose is to provide excellence in patient care,
deliver superior clinical outcomes, and to continue to make a very
significant impact on the current service-access gap in these
non-discretionary areas of health care globally.
All GenesisCare staff contribute to our strategic outcomes and
are expected to embody our values in their work.
The Head of Solution Architect reports to the Head of IT
Solutions and Innovation
• Digital Integration Team Leader
• Integration Architects
Reporting lines and direct reports may change from time to time
in line with the requirements of the position.
Key duties / responsibilities of this position
1. Requirements Definition and Management
• Facilitates scoping and business priority setting for complex
changes, engaging senior stake holders as required
• Selects most appropriate means of representing business
requirements in the context of the specific change initiative
relating to product delivery
• Drives the requirements where necessary and identifies which
stakeholder and customer input is required
• Obtains formal agreement from key stake holders on product
requirements deliverables and the impact to the business
• Assists in more complex requirements activities and with the
processes for establishing agreed baselines for change and managing
the assessment and application of requested changes to those
2. Solution Architecture
• Leads the development of architectures for complex systems,
ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both
external, and internal customers
• Takes full responsibility for the balance between functional,
service quality and systems management requirements within a
significant area of the organisation
• Establishes policy and strategy for the selection of systems
architecture components, and coordinates design activities,
promoting the discipline to ensure consistency
• Ensure all development is completed to the required quality
standards, identify opportunities for continuous improvement of
development processes and proactively transfer knowledge amongst
• Develops detailed specifications including enterprise
integration diagrams or blueprints and detailed solution
• Work closely with architecture and product managers to
identify and drive initiatives to align with strategy
• Identify, define and communicate technical tasks that need to
be performed to meet requirements
• Develop detailed specifications including enterprise
integration diagrams or blueprints and detailed solution
3. Systems Integration
• Lead, design, maintain and implement integration solutions
across multiple platforms
• Establishes standards and procedures across the IT service
lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the areas of
systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners
adhere to them.
• Manages resources to ensure that the systems integration
function operates effectively.
Quality and Safety
GenesisCare strives to continuously improve the quality and
safety of our workers and services provided to our patients and
their carer’s in line with our vision and values.
I. Report risks and hazards to line manager and proactively
participate in risk reduction strategies
II. Understand and comply with the policies and procedures of
the Safety & Quality Management System
III. Participate in Safety and Quality activities and audits as
delegated by line manager
IV. Be accountable for own actions and seek assistance when
V. Demonstrate knowledge/competency in performance of skills
relevant to the role, including completion of mandatory
Legislated individual Work Health & Safety Duties for all
VI. Take reasonable care for your own and others’ health and
VII. Take reasonable care that any of your acts or omissions do
not adversely affect the health and safety of others
VIII. Participate in WHS training, tasks and other activities as
required or instructed
Key Working Relationships
This role incumbent will need to develop strong relationships
with the following internal parties:
• Information and Technology function;
• Global IT solutions and innovations team;
• User groups;
• Applications groups;
• Systems specialists;
• Subject matter experts;
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• Excellent internal consulting skills.
• Strong understanding of technical issue resolution workflow
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner and build
relationships with people.
• Absolute focus on service to users.
• Ability to think out of the box & innovate when required.
• High energy levels and a sense of humour.
• Ability to organise everything concerned with the product's
• Have good leadership skills to supervise those involved with
each stage in the process
• Possess a creative way of thinking
• Be energetic and passionate about digital product
• Be able to work under pressure
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in IT, software engineering, or
• Expert knowledge and experiences with various API Management
tools and microservices strategies (ESB, integration middleware’s)
within the healthcare space
• Experience with engineering and software architecture
• IT infrastructure and cloud development
• Business analysis and requirements gathering on large complex
• Project and product management experience is a plus
• Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional
• Capacity to be largely self-directed on a day to day basis
• Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication
Other requirements of this role
• Focused on ultimately supporting the needs of patients i.e.
IT’s customers’ customers;
• Communicate effectively at all levels from developers to the
• Regularly be available to work outside of normal business
hours should the need arise;
• Professional and presentable;
• Willing to travel occasionally if required;
• Able to work autonomously and with minimal direct
• Be courteous and respectful at all times.