Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner,
you'll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the
world become smarter and more connected. We're the world's leading
research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right
decisions with business and technology insights they can't find
anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work
environment with exceptional training and career development. If
you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team,
Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our
upcoming recruiting events here!
What you'll do:
- Maintain & prepare schedules tracking various costs, projects
to support monthly journal entries and ensure accurate account
balances each month
- Reconcile various worldwide Balance Sheet and P&L
- Investigate anomalies identified to determine root causes and
implement solutions to improve process
- Drive and support continuous improvement by supporting
management initiatives and developing & documenting new
- Understand multiple internal areas including Client Financial
Services (booking and billing of contracts - [sales support]
process & system, accounts payable process, accounts receivable
process, basic product structure and company initiatives in order
to investigate and resolve issues raised or identified.
- Review processes and identify opportunities to improve
efficiency/accuracy and implement solutions.
- Prepare analysis & reports for management, other Finance
Departments and Business Units for use in making timely, fact-based
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as
- Keep accounting management abreast of current activities within
areas of responsibility.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
- 4-7 years accounting or finance experience
- CPA preferred
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize workload.
- Excellent ability to collect information from many varied
sources and ensure its accuracy.
- Excellent ability to work independently with various
accounting, finance and treasury personnel.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent ability to understand business processes
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a
- Strong ability to manage constantly shifting priorities and
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills & Effective
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability
to influence and lead.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage
ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a
means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and
a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid
advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional
compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity,
collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals
and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status-quo.
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Who are we:
Gartner is the world's leading research and advisory company,
offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We
provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive
clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical
priorities of their organization. We've grown exponentially since
our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally
and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 &
- Forbes America's Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management
Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to
Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Job Requisition ID:53681
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that
you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment
notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only
use the back button within the application, not the back arrow
within your browser.
Keywords: Gartner, Fort Myers , Senior Accountant, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!