Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Summary of Position Requirements
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for developing and executing
division sourcing agreements for specific spend categories. In
addition, assist director of purchasing with department community
timeline and management the department workflow and areas of
responsibility within the division.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Review bids for completeness and accuracy. Prepare Bid
Comparison and review with management team. Assist in selection of
preferred bidder based on competitiveness and ability to fulfill
- Resolve specification, scope of work, and plan conflicts using
purchasing IS system
- Responsible for oversight of BuildPro as it relates to
purchasing (Trade Partner Payment System)
- Manage and Coordinate the process in maintaining JDE accounting
issues related to contracts or trade partner qualifications with
- Responsible for performing plan takeoffs as needed.
- Update and maintain existing contracts as required.
- Review all extra EPO's to verify within accordance of approved
take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work
with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise.
- Identify areas and trends in extra EPO's to prevent and to
- Review and process options per change orders.
- Prepare monthly site condition reports for new job starts.
- Interact with Suppliers/Trade Partners and Field Staff to
resolve payment issues, product replacement and personality
- Prepare quarterly corporate reports in order to obtain the New
- Maintain organization of Suppliers/Trade Partner files and
- Review plan, create/revise budgets for multiple new and ongoing
communities to ensure architecture is supported by the budget
- Ensure adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Status updates to Director of Purchasing related to ongoing
projects and activities.
- Assist with communication and pricing negotiations with
Suppliers/Trade Partners for the division.
- Assist Director of Purchasing with administrative support.
- Cross train in all areas of purchasing in order to be able to
help out as necessary.
- Assist with recruiting new Suppliers/Trade Partners to maintain
the appropriate trade base.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum High School or GED required
- Bachelor degree in related field is preferred
- Minimum 2 years in a purchasing role
- Negotiating experience preferred
- Ability to read and understand residential blue prints.
- Efficient with Microsoft excel, Microsoft word, JD Edwards and
other software systems
- Knowledge of all construction practices
- Residential Construction experience is preferred
- Professionally perform multiple, detail oriented tasks with
- Good writing and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to perform high-level takeoffs.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and have integrity and
- Must be a team player with the ability to work well under
Keywords: Lennar, Fort Myers , Purchasing Agent, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!