Service Worker I - Parks
Company: City of Fort Myers, FL
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The City of Fort Myers strives to be an employer of choice and
most of our employees turn jobs into long term careers. The salary
shown in the job description is the full range for this position
from entry to later career.
NEW EMPLOYEES ARE HIRED AT, OR NEAR THE ENTRY POINT SHOWN,
DEPENDING ON QUALIFICATIONS AND RELEVANT EXPERIENCE.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Safety Sensitive: YES Level II
Under the general direction of the designated supervisor,
performs unskilled and manual work. This job has no supervisory
Responsibilities and Reporting During an Emergency
Essential Employees may be required to work during a declared
emergency. Depending on the nature of the emergency, this may
require working around the clock for several days on short
Non Essential Employees will not be required to work during a
declared emergency. The employee's Department Head will determine
when the employee will be required to work.
THE CITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CLOSE THIS POSTING PRIOR TO THE
DEADLINE BASED ON THE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
- Landscape installation and maintenance; may include fertilizing
and herbicide application.
- May assist with irrigation system installation, maintenance and
- Lawn mowing and weed eating.
- May assist in street cleaning using a backpack blower.
- May assist in basic painting.
- Restroom cleaning.
- This position requires regular and reliable attendance and the
employee's physical presence at the workplace.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One (1) year related experience; or education, experience,
and/or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver's License with an
acceptable driving record.
- Mandatory Drug/Alcohol Testing required.
- High School diploma/GED preferred
This work typically requires the following physical activities
to be performed.
- Balancing - maintain equilibrium to prevent falling while
walking, standing, or crouching.
- Climbing - ascending, descending ladders, stairs, ramps,
requires body agility.
- Crawling - moving about on hands, knees, or hands, feet.
- Crouching - bending body forward by bending leg, spine.
- Feeling - perceiving attributes of objects by touch with skin,
- Fingering - picking, pinching, typing, working with fingers
rather than hand.
- Grasping - applying pressure to object with fingers, palm.
- Pushing - use upper extremities to press against objects with
force, or thrust forward, downward, outward.
- Reaching - extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Repetitive Motion - substantial movements of wrists, hands,
- Speaking - expressing ideas with spoken word, convey detailed,
important instructions accurately, concisely.
- Standing - for sustained periods of time.
- Stooping - bending body downward, forward at waist, with full
motion of lower extremities and back.
- Talking 1- expressing ideas by spoken word
- Talking 2 - shouting to be heard above ambient noise.
- Handling - picking, holding, or working with whole hand.
- Hearing 1 - perceiving sounds at normal speaking levels,
- Hearing 2 - receive detailed information, make discrimination
- Kneeling - bending legs at knee to come to rest at knees.
- Lifting - raising objects from lower to higher position, moving
objects side to side, using upper extremities, back.
- Mental Acuity - ability to make rational decisions through
sound logic, deductive reasoning.
- Pulling - use upper extremities to exert force, haul or
- Visual Acuity 2 - color, depth perception, field of
- Visual Acuity 3 - determine accuracy, neatness, observe
- Visual Acuity 4 - operate motor vehicles/heavy equipment.
- Visual Acuity 5 -close acuity for inspection of small defects,
machines, use measurement devices, or fabricate parts.
- Walking - on foot to accomplish tasks, long distances, or site
Work performed is primarily:
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force
occasionally,and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up
to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- May be required to work hours other than the regular schedule
including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Contact with internal and external customers, vendors, outside
agencies and the general public.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions;
extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. Risk of electrical
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the primary job functions described herein. Since every
duty associated with this position may not be described herein,
employees may be required to perform duties not specifically
spelled out in the job description, but which may be reasonably
considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just
as though they were actually written out in this job
Keywords: City of Fort Myers, FL, Fort Myers , Service Worker I - Parks, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!