Maintenance Specialist - Transit
Company: Lee County, Florida
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This is semi-skilled, manual work involving various custodial,
maintenance and construction tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work includes the use of tools and equipment, performing
general labor, maintenance and/or custodial tasks.
- Major responsibility will be maintaining Lee County Transit
vehicles, cleaning exterior and interior, light maintenance and
Education, Experience, Licensing
- Requires any combination of education and/or experience
equivalent to High School graduation or GED equivalent and six
months maintenance or closely related experience.
- General maintenance experience and knowledge of traffic safety
and training is preferred.
- Prefer CDL Class B license
- Possession of a valid driver's license with an acceptable
driving record is required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- This position requires a candidate who receives a conditional
offer of employment to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- This is a safety sensitive position which is subject to Drug
and Alcohol Workplace Testing as provided in DOT regulation
CFR-Part 40, 49 CFR Part 655.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pound fare boxes and trash
- Incumbent must be able to work outside in all weather
- This is a PM shift and the work hours and days will vary to
include weekends and holidays.
What makes this opportunity right for you:
At Lee County Government, we look to hire talented and
innovative individuals who share our passion and want to make a
lasting impact within our community. That's why we offer our
employees a premier place to work by providing competitive
compensation, comprehensive benefits, as well being a participant
in a robust State of Florida pension and investment retirement
Additionally, we strongly believe in cultivating long-lasting
relationships with our employees through promotional opportunities
and career ladders across our organization. At Lee County
Government, we do this by supporting your career development and
growth through mentoring programs, and on-the-job training to help
you achieve your goals. Every day at Lee County Government, you
will have the opportunity to learn, grow, and make a difference
within our own community.
- Lee County offers a comprehensive benefits package including
medical insurance that is available with HMO and PPO options, along
with supplemental insurance coverage. (More information on employee
benefits is available atwww.leegov.com/hr/employees/ benefit
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Medical & Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11 paid holidays, Vacation & Sick Time
- New uniforms provided
- New facility
- Employee appreciation/ peer recognition programs
- Employee development opportunities
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this classification. All positions are subject to a
criminal background check. A conviction in and of itself may not
necessarily preclude employment.
Keywords: Lee County, Florida, Fort Myers , Maintenance Specialist - Transit, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!