Are you our next Senior Welcome Team member?
Do you have a passion and desire to help others live an active
lifestyle? Do you genuinely care about connecting with others and
being part of a team? If so, Town Sports International is looking
for Senior Welcome Team members to join our growing team. Senior
Welcome Team members have a key role in membership and retention by
providing a strong first impression at the welcome desk.
Who are we?
Town Sports International is the largest gym chain in the
Northeast region with more than 180 locations spanning numerous
markets including locations in California, Florida and Puerto Rico.
We operate under our local brands of New York Sports Clubs, Boston
Sports Clubs, Washington Sports Clubs, Philadelphia Sports Clubs,
Palm Beach Sports Clubs, Around the Clock Fitness, Lucille Roberts,
Total Woman Gym + Spa, and LIV Fitness.
What do we do?
We are in the business of fitness results, positive change and
personal connections. We achieve this through innovative
programming, the latest equipment and a knowledgeable staff. More
than this, we work with our members to provide a personalized
roadmap to achieve specific fitness goals.
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Have an affinity for building relationships.
- Are responsive, organized and have effective listening and
- Possess a strong desire to deliver a phenomenal customer
- Have a desire to be part of a team.
- Model integrity, collaboration and a can-do attitude.
More about this role:
The Senior Welcome Team position provides a welcoming and safe
environment for members and guests through a high level of customer
service. This individual will also act as a role model for the
other Welcome Team members. The Senior Welcome Team member will
assist the General Manager/Customer Service Manager with retention
by focusing on cancel saves and Accounts Receivable (AR)
collections. The Senior Welcome Team role achieves success through
embodying our core competencies (Create a TSI Environment, Build a
High Performing Team, Achieve Measurable Results).
Create the TSI Environment
Our profession empowers members and team members to achieve
active lifestyles. Fitness has relevance through all aspects of
life. We build positive relationships and sustain the
organization's culture by interacting with the highest level of
integrity and communicating in a manner that reflects our
- Modeling and promoting our guiding principles through the
- Reviewing and adhering to all TSI documents including but not
limited to policies and procedures, employee handbook, state
supplement, codes of conduct, etc.
- Ensuring that the club provides the highest level of customer
service and quick response time to member feedback.
- Leading by example and setting expectations for peers.
- Being available to Welcome Team members to address questions
Build a High Performing Team
Inspires, motivates and develops a team to reach their fullest
potential, contributing to the ultimate success of the
organization. We constantly improve ourselves, our processes and
our procedures to provide a meaningful experience in the gym. We
are connected to our members, clients and each other.
- Efficiently check in and handle routine member service tasks
using club systems such as, but not limited to, creating online
accounts, resetting passwords, updating credit cards, collecting
past due balances, and managing group exercise class
- Navigating basic questions about membership, services and
- Providing a high level of customer service and attentiveness to
the member and guest needs.
- Being responsive to member feedback, complaints and escalating
issues to club management as necessary.
- Assisting the General Manager in administrative tasks
including, but not limited to, billing calls and confirming
- Quickly addressing any maintenance or equipment issues that are
visible to members.
- Taking pride in providing feedback and best practices to team
- Providing a clean and organized Welcome Desk at all times.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Achieve Measurable Results
Successfully and consistently exceeds goals that drive the
member, employee and business categories of the organization;
actions reflect a dedication to surpassing the expectations of both
members and employees.
- Partnering with the General Manager to work on attrition,
especially on the retention side of the business.
- Proactively seeking ways to positively influence the member
experience and address member feedback.
- Effectively communicating new promotions and services at point
of contact, so that the member gets the most out of their gym
- Performing call drives to past due members to collect Accounts
Receivable (AR) billing follow up.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 1 year of face to face customer service
- Ability to proficiently use our POS and membership system,
timekeeping any other computer programs required to meet the
business needs of the customer and TSI.
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 20 pounds with
or without reasonable accommodations, walk through all areas of the
club, climbing stairs (where applicable), and bending and lifting
(e.g. picking up towels, restacking weights, moving equipment as
needed). The company reserves the right to change them as business
needs require and that jobs may require other tasks as assigned to
the employee by the company.
- Child & Adult AED/CPR certified.
This position does not have a set schedule month-to-month and is
subject to changes based on the needs of the business.