The Maintenance Technician helps maintain
the grounds, facilities, and amenities of the Condominium or
Homeowners Association (HOA) and reports to the Maintenance
Supervisor or Property Manager. He or she ensures that all
mechanical systems and equipment are functional and properly
maintained in a clean and aesthetically appealing condition.
The Maintenance Technician also provides
exemplary service in a manner consistent with the values and
mission of the Castle Group. He or she performs all
responsibilities while demonstrating outstanding customer service
skills representative of Castle Royal Service as it relates to this
function. This includes working interdepartmentally, as well as,
with our external customers.
(May include some or all of the
following as applicable)
- Reviews and completes work orders assigned by Maintenance
Supervisor or Community Association Manager.
- Routinely inspects community and advises supervisor of any
issues or makes corrections.
- Utilizes and maintains equipment in a proper, safe and
- Maintains working relationships with community staff.
- Painting or touch up of all common areas as needed.
- Properly performs casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy
items as directed by supervisor.
- Makes general carpentry, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and
other minor community/building repairs as long as a permit is not
required to complete the job.
- Maintains records and other maintenance reports as directed by
- Reports need for major repairs to Community Association Manager
- Checks all lighting daily.
- Pressure washes decks, sidewalks, entrances, and A/C and heat
pump pads as necessary to maintain neat appearance.
- Regularly check AC drip pans for draining and clogs.
- Maintain any applicable recreational amenities (i.e. tennis
courts, basketball court, bocce court).
- Ensures all safety precautions and procedures are followed
while performing duties in compliance with OSHA guidelines and
- May be assigned other duties by Community Association
High school diploma or equivalency
Requires a minimum of (1) year general
experience in building trades, repair, and maintenance or handy
work. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong
customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
Command of computer hardware/software is
preferred, but not required.
Travel and availability
May be required to travel for training
sessions off-site on an ad-hoc basis.
Ability to work extended hours and weekends
based on project requirement. Ability to respond to emergencies and
callouts in a timely manner during on-call rotation or as directed
Ability to lift 50lbs. following
appropriate safety procedures: Work in an upright standing position
for long periods of time. Crawl in small and tight spaces. Ability
to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat,
cold, wind, rain). Walk and climb stairs. Handle, grasp, feel
objects and equipment. Reach with hands and arms. Communicate,
receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken
and written. Ability to quickly and easily navigate
property/buildings are required to meet the job functions. Repeat
various motions with wrists, hands and fingers. Ability to detect
auditory and/or visual emergency alarms. Ability to work
extended/flexible hours and weekends based on project requirement.
Driving when necessary (may be required to possess a valid Florida
Drivers License.) Ability to climb ladders and work at heights
above ground level (maximum 12-16 ft).
The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Work will be divided between indoor and
outdoor work. The proportion of indoor to outdoor work will
fluctuate. May be exposed to weather conditions such as heat, cold
or rain while working outdoors.
DISCLAIMER:This is not an
all-inclusive job description. In addition, management has the
right to change any portion of this job description at any time and
for any reason.