Company: NeoGenomics Laboratories
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking
environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests
in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your
skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we
encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist in our
Fort Myers, FL location who wants to continue to learn in order to
allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell
you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven
mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by
improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform.
Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference
As a Bioinformatics Research Scientist you will support the
dynamic goals of the fast paced genomics environment.
- You will design, develop and implement of data analysis tools
and pipelines with emphasis on rigorous validation and robust
- Apply or modify existing bioinformatics pipelines to improve
the assay capabilities as well as their technical robustness.
- We want to provide bioinformatics support to other team
- Present scientific and technical data to colleagues in a clear
and cohesive manner.
- Process, analyze, and interpret high volumes of data for the
development and validation of methods.
- Monitor and evaluate analytical aspects of new and emerging
- Assist with drafting and completing government applications
(e.g. NIH, FDA, NYS, CLIA, and CAP) and manuscripts for
publication; lead data analysis and interpretation of study results
throughout application/publication process from draft through
submission and acceptance.
- We work as a team and independently to achieve goals.
- We are seeking a high energy team member who has a driving
sense of urgency
- Education: Masters required. Quantitative discipline with
preferred backgrounds (bioinformatics, computational biology,
genomic sciences) but will consider others (e.g. molecular biology,
statistical genetics, cancer biology or similar) that have
extensive command line experience.
- Required experiences with Linux and/or UNIX systems along with
parallel computing environments/clusters.
- Required fluency in Python.
- Required knowledge of common genomic terminology (exome,
targeted RNA/DNA panels, gene structure), databases (UCSC/EBI/NIH),
genome versions, and tools used in genomics (e.g. dbSNP, COSMIC,
ClinVar, UCSC genome browser, Galaxy, IGV)
- Experience with common bioinformatics tools required (e.g.
GATK, BWA, STAR, SAMtools, Picard).
- Required experience with direct NGS data analysis
- Requires a high level of professional maturity and an ability
to meet tight deadlines under pressure and command attention and
respect in a client-facing setting.
- Required working knowledge of molecular biology with strong
scientific understanding of genomics and show a strong capacity for
- R and Shell scripting also preferred.
- Strongly preferred working analysis experience of large genomic
datasets (RNAseq profiling, somatic variant analysis, CNV analysis,
bioinformatics QC of libraries, TCGA)
- Experience with Github version controlling or other code
distribution/deploy software (e.g. CHEF)
- Experience working with Docker containers, cloud-based
- Experience developing/applying classical machine learning
- Experience building and administrating databases
- Experience in cancer or genetics research, including a working
understanding of computational approaches for cancer/genetic genome
analysis, is helpful.
- Knowledge of Bioinformatics approaches to RNA normalization,
Variant annotation, CNV tools, UMI tools, TMB, translocation and
fusions identification, and MSI.
- Established scientific/technical writing and presentation
skills; publication/manuscript/CAP/CLIA/NYS validation, NIH grant
experience deeply preferred.
Keywords: NeoGenomics Laboratories, Fort Myers , Bioinformatics Scientist, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!