LPG Lead Coding Specialist
Company: Lee Health
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Trains new employees in the policies and procedures required to
accomplish their work. Provides support to LPB management and staff
in the daily operations of coding and compliance to promote
positive customer and employee relations and optimize management of
accounts receivables. Provides leadership and guidance to staff in
the absence of management.
- Adequately trains all new employees on the functions in their
area of expertise to insure that the employee meets all core
competencies and can perform work functions.
- Provides support and assistance to LPB staff on all LPB
functions in a manner that promotes a positive team effort.
- Provides support and assistance to management staff by
analyzing data to identify trends or issues, both positive and
negative. Plays key role in developing solutions to address
- Assists in the follow-up of special or problem accounts to
ensure positive public relations and customer satisfaction by
reviewing history of other accounts. Documents all activity in the
- Communicates regularly with other lead representatives on
departmental issues to promote consistency and teamwork within
- Effectively and consistently evaluates workload to provide
coverage in areas that need assistance: (absences, monthly and
yearly deadlines, call volumes and special projects).
- Maintains knowledge of all coding and compliance requirements
by attending meetings and reviewing written and internet
- Able to perform all functions (charge review, audit and
feedback, etc.) in the absence of other employees due to illness,
open positions, staff coverage.
- Effectively resolves special or problem accounts within a time
frame that will ensure positive public relations and customer
- Completes assigned projects within specified time frames, and
communicates status to management during and at completion of
- Reviews, responds, and follows through on all correspondence
within 3 days of receiving it. Correspondence to include: email,
patient mail, insurance mail, and interoffice mail.
- Monitors and responds to in-basket inquiries within 24 hours of
receipt. Notifies management and IS if necessary of any
interruptions of service that will impact or delay responding to
customer inquiries as a back up.
Additional experience requirements:
- 3 years of billing and denial management, in addition to the 5
years of coding experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Epic and 3M experience
Additional experience preferences:
- Previous leadership experience
- Coding experience in surgeries
- Analytical skills
- Education and training experience
Degree/Diploma ObtainedProgram of StudyRequired/
Preferredand/orHigh School Diploma or
Minimum Years RequiredArea of ExperienceRequired/
Preferredand/or5 YearsOutpatient CodingRequired
State of Florida Licensure Requirements
Preferredand/orCPC (Certified Professional Coder)Required
Keywords: Lee Health, Fort Myers , LPG Lead Coding Specialist, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!