Medical Records Coder
Company: Camp Recovery
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Responsible for assigning ICD-10-PCS diagnostic and procedural
codes to patient accounts
- Assign appropriate codes using International Classification of
Disease system (ICD-10) and/or Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
for diagnosis, procedures and services.
- Responsible for correctly coding claims based on the services a
patient receives in order to obtain reimbursement from insurance or
government healthcare programs.
- Read and analyze patient records extracting precise information
from documentation, test results and reports.
- Request diagnosis from physicians when not recorded on
discharge and in cases where information is incomplete.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patient care information and
- Inform administrator of any incongruences noted in the chart
- When appropriate clarify diagnosis, conditions and treatment
information by working with the physician according to company
policy and procedure.
- Process physician reports needed to code appropriately and
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certificate or associate's degree in medical coding or related
- Two or more years' of medical billing/collections/coding
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Medical Coding Certificate preferred
Keywords: Camp Recovery, Fort Myers , Medical Records Coder, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!