OPS Sport Clubs Athletic Trainer
Company: Florida Gulf Coast University
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The OPS Sports Clubs Athletic Trainer supports the Sport Clubs
Program by providing first aid and applicable skills at Sport Club
home competitions/events, as well as acting as a liaison to
spectators and visiting teams.
Serve as an Athletic Trainer during Sport Club home competitions
- Attend to all injured participants by following basic First Aid
and CPR protocols and remove athletes from play if necessary
- First aid/emergency care and on-site injury evaluations during
competitions and events
- Have a firm understanding of/activate Emergency Action
- Call or direct someone else to call 911 if injury occurs beyond
your scope of practice
- Fill out Accident, Incident, and Event Reports after each event
- Be aware of where emergency exits, bathrooms and AED's are
- Responsible for keeping all certifications current
- Check facility for safety hazards; report any hazards to
appropriate authority and take immediate action if necessary
- Assist with setup and breakdown of events held on campus,
including supplying water/ice
- Answer questions from spectators and visiting teams to the best
of your availability
- Be able to refer spectators and participants to rules and
regulations of facilities
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Description
- American Red Cross Professional Rescuer First Aid and CPR/AED
- Up-to-date Athletic Training certifications and licenses
- Ability to work independently and handle stressful situations
in a calm manner
- Available to work nights and weekends
- Current FGCU student in good standing is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other's view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
Keywords: Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers , OPS Sport Clubs Athletic Trainer, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!