The School of Nursing at Florida Gulf Coast University invites
applications for full-time, twelve-month continuing appointment
faculty positions beginning from January 2021. Search will be open
until filled. Level of Appointment will be based on qualifications
and experience. Candidates seeking Associate Professor rank are
required to have teaching experience at the University level and a
scholarship record commensurate for appointment at that rank.
Individuals with clinical practice experience in
medical/surgical, community and public health, and mental health
nursing are especially encouraged to apply. Candidate's primary
appointment will be teaching theory, laboratory and clinical
courses in the BSN Program with the possibility of some teaching
responsibility in Graduate Nursing Programs based on qualifications
and experience in nursing.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university
dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty
are expected to: be excellent teachers, responsive to changing
professional needs be committed to innovative delivery of
instruction resulting in improved student learning be committed to
effective use of technology including distance learning produce
peer reviewed scholarship and provide service to the College,
University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main
campus or at off-campus sites and clinical agencies within our
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach a full load of theory, laboratory and clinical courses
each academic year (Fall, Spring and Summer semesters) primarily in
the BSN Program
- Provide professional academic advisement/mentoring to
- Contribute to course and/or curriculum development
- Engage in research/scholarship as described in FPED and College
- Actively participate in program accreditation and continuous
- Function as an effective, active and collegial team member
- Actively participate in service to the school, college,
university, and community
Additional Job Description
- Graduate degree in Nursing with an area of specialization in
Nursing from a nationally accredited nursing program and regionally
accredited Institution or equivalent accreditation
- BSN degree in Nursing from a nationally accredited nursing
program and regionally accredited Institution or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of nursing practice experience.
- Current unrestricted RN; or APRN licensure or eligibility for
RN or APRN licensure in the state of Florida.
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers.
- Earned doctorate in Nursing or a closely related field from a
regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
Ph.D. in Nursing preferred.
- Five or more years of nursing practice experience.
- Nurse Educator Certification
- Experience teaching in the clinical setting
- Expertise in medical/surgical, community and public health, or
mental health nursing
- Certification or experience in high fidelity simulation
- Experience with the development and delivery of on-line
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise in nursing knowledge and clinical
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills using web-based applications and
- Understanding of and commitment to ANA Code of Ethics for
Nursing, BSN Essentials and other regulatory documents.
- Actively collaborates both within and outside the University in
the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved
- Must value continued scholarship as well as service to the
community and university.
- Competence in use of technology in teaching and distance
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made on a (12 month) multi-year appointment
basis available January 2021 until filled.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review
and retention under Florida's Public Records Law, please DO NOT
send examples of your project/ scholarship unless requested to do
so. Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks,
slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE
RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to
submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become
the property of FGCU.
Under Florida's Public Records law, applications will be
available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter
- Five (5) Professional References
This position is listed as "open until filled"; however,
applications received by Friday December 4, 2020 will receive