Compliance Privacy Investigator
Company: Millennium Physician Group
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Millennium Physician Group is seeking to hire a full-time
Compliance Privacy Investigator to join our Compliance Team in the
Fort Myers, FL, area. We are looking for a new team member who is
positive, energetic, able to multi-task, and loves patient
interaction. We want someone who supports our top initiative of
ensuring an excellent patient experience!
The Millennium Physician Group Compliance Privacy Investigator
assists the Millennium Physician Group Chief Compliance, Ethics &
Risk Officer and/or Senior Compliance and Privacy Deputy with the
daily application of the Millennium Physician Group Compliance
Plan. This position involves assisting the Senior Compliance and
Privacy Deputy with investigating and monitoring compliance and
privacy issues that arise out of the Millennium Physician Group
offices and operations including, but not limited to, conducting
interviews and searches, analyzing evidence, and writing detailed
reports. Responsible to assist in identifying and implementing
proper preventive, detective and remedial programs and controls;
the execution of relevant policies and procedures; training and
educating the workforce; implementing an effective communications
program; ensuring effective testing, auditing, monitoring,
tracking, and reporting; and remediating control deficiencies. The
Compliance Privacy Analyst-Investigator will assist with
identifying, resolving, training, and monitoring issues in the
areas of improper conduct, fraud, waste and abuse, and other
remediation necessary for coding, billing, documentation, and
reimbursement compliance matters. The Compliance Privacy
Analyst-Investigator reports to the Chief Compliance, Ethics & Risk
Officer & Privacy Officer and/or Senior Compliance and Privacy
Deputy. While this role will spend most of its time investigating
privacy related issues, it may serve in additional capacities and
assist the Chief Compliance, Ethics & Risk Officer & Privacy
Officer and/or Senior Compliance and Privacy Deputy with other
program initiatives as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports the development and maintenance of all 7 elements of a
Compliance Program; and assists with the promotion of a compliance
culture for the organization.
- Independently performs, leads, co-leads and support workplace
investigations and ensures mitigation, determines incident root
cause, and works with impacted business/operational staff to ensure
development and completion of corrective action plans for
remediation of all Code of Conduct violations, including Protenus
investigations, to minimize risk of recurrence.
- Prepare investigation plans, ensures timely investigation of
Code of Conduct, policy and regulatory issues, reviews pertinent
documents, and writes investigation reports.
- Maintains consistent, accurate and complete investigation
records in accordance with records management policy and retention
- Develops and monitors key investigation and inquiry performance
metrics; provides periodic metric reporting to management.
- Recommends investigation corrective actions and performs
follow-up reviews to ensure completion of corrective action
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Responds to reported concerns and incidents in a timely manner
and in collaboration with the Senior Compliance and Privacy
- Assists with developing and providing training to staff and
management in collaboration with Senior Compliance and Privacy
- Remains abreast of relevant regulatory publications and
- Research pertinent state and federal regulations.
- Assists with the planning and execution of risk
- Supports the planning and design of audits. (Compliance
- Supports the Compliance, Ethics & Risk Department with
generating reports used to track and trend activities related to
compliance. (Compliance 360)
- Maintains library of training resources via electronic methods
and/or hard copy.
- Writes or research initial draft materials for new training
programs; reviews, evaluates and modifies existing and proposed
programs; recommends appropriate changes.
- Gathers, collects, and tracks data using the C360 modules.
Generates electronic and hard copy reports/metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the day-to-day operations of the Compliance Plan as
directed by the Millennium Physician Group Chief Compliance, Ethics
& Risk Officer and/or Senior Compliance and Privacy Deputy.
- Assists in the development and implementation of Compliance &
Ethics program surveys and risk assessment tools.
- Periodically reviews and recommends updates to compliance
policies, procedures, and Compliance Plan to ensure relevance in
providing guidance to management and employees. (Compliance
- Assists with responses to alleged violations of rules,
regulations, policies, procedures, client contractual requirements
by evaluating and/or initiating an investigation as appropriate.
- Reports and escalates identified high-risk issues immediately
to the Chief Compliance, Ethics, & Risk Officer and/or Senior
Compliance and Privacy Deputy.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and
risk, facilitating corrective action plans for resolution.
- Collaborates with Millennium Physician Group Senior Compliance
and Privacy Deputy to develop effective compliance training
programs to include new employee orientation, targeted education
and ongoing education for management and employees.
- Handles all compliance and ethics matters with sensitivity and
maintains strict confidentiality of all work material and
- Other projects as assigned.
Education /Experience / Requirements/ Qualifications
ABOUT MILLENNIUM PHYSICIAN GROUP
Formed in 2008, Millennium Physician Group has grown into one of
the largest comprehensive primary care practices with more than 400
health care providers located throughout Florida. With corporate
headquarters in Fort Myers, Florida, Millennium Physician Group
consists of primary care offices, Imaging Centers, Lab Services,
Physical Therapy, and Wellness Programs. We also have several
administrative departments supporting our medical offices, such as
Quality Assurance, ACO, Business Services, Coding ACO, IT, Human
Resources, and more.
If you are interested in joining an organization that emphasizes
teamwork and family, then Millennium Physician Group is the right
Millennium's core values summarize how we treat others,
patients, and fellow community members. Millennium CARES for every
patient every time.
Millennium Physician Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. Additionally, Millennium is
proud to join the nearly 3,000 health system and physician groups
who have gone completely Tobacco Free.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR COMPLIANCE TEAM? If you are the right
candidate for this position, please click the link to apply today.
We look forward to meeting you!
Keywords: Millennium Physician Group, Fort Myers , Compliance Privacy Investigator, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!