Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Medical Lab Assistant
Phlebotomy Services (PRN/ Per Diem/ As Needed)
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select
Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU
patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs
over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to
approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience
that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment.
Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our
cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being
patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment?
Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience to your
team? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you
will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a
results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming
obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver.
Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the
Laboratory Assistant will be responsible for having a working
knowledge of all pre-analytical processes of laboratory services
provided by Select Medical, which may include, but is not limited
to specimen processing and phlebotomy services.
- Follows laboratory protocols for pre-analytical processes.
- Adequately prepares specimens for send-out to reference lab
- Advises Lab Manager of malfunctioning equipment, LIS issues,
and any unusual situations, occurrences, conditions, or
- Performs venipuncture when necessary
- Monitors venipuncture inventory and reports inadequacies to the
- Performs phlebotomist duties according to established
standards, practices and procedures, while utilizing proper
techniques and equipment in the performance of duties.
- Follows appropriate PPE requirements while performing duties,
gathers supplies and assembles equipment according to standards of
practice, and assures equipment is clean and functioning
- Confirms patient identification using two identifiers, performs
phlebotomy and collects appropriate specimens as indicated on the
- Properly identifies and labels specimen(s) at the patient's
bedside after matching patient label on the wristband to the
patient label being affixed to the specimen.
- Notifies the nursing staff regarding any issues or concerns
noted prior to, during, and/or following the procedure, as well as
any patient refusal and/or inability to obtain patient sample and
- Verifies specimen collection, centrifuges and processes
specimens as needed.
How you will succeed in this environment:
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a
customer-service oriented team member.
- Successful completion from a School for Medical Technology or
Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Associates Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology is
- Current certification from one of the following: The American
Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), American Medical
Technologists (AMT), American Association of Bioanalysts (ABB), The
National Credentialing Agency of Laboratory Personnel (NCA), or
another approved agency.
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- One (1) year of clinical laboratory experience preferred.
Your benefits as a Medical Lab Assistant:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid
work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both
fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.