Go the extra mile. Patients and Physicians rely on our
diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make
better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with
far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a
clear dedication to service. It's about providing clarity and
In Patient Services you will work for the world leader in the
industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and
knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act with
professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about
the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Patient Service roles are tremendously important - it
is a patient-focused role where it is essential to remember that
there is a life and person behind every test tube. Your skills are
critical, as is your ability to work with the patients. The role is
varied and offers a developing career in Phlebotomy due to the
scale and reach of Quest. You can grow and improve your skills in a
fast-moving, supportive team environment. Most importantly, you can
help us make a real difference.
Supv Patient Services- Fort Myers, FL req65967
Supv Patient Services- Fort Myers, Florida - Monday to Friday
Oversee functions of Patient Services that may include Mobile
Phlebotomy, In Office Phlebotomy and Patient Service Centers. The
Supervisor will have responsibility for all activities of the
function including but not limited to, training of all personnel,
all daily operations and staffing of PSCs. Ensure maintenance of a
safe, professional environment in all facilities supervised.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily operations of all assigned facilities,
PSCs, mobile and in-office phlebotomy.
- Implements SOPs for phlebotomy services in accordance with
Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
- Where applicable, ensures all Federal, State & local licensure
requirements are met, working with the QA and Medical Director's
- Ensures all Laboratory testing QA/QC documentation is complete
and reviewed as required.
- Oversees safety, maintenance, and cleanliness of facilities
(including upgrades, repairs, etc.)
- Performs site visits at all assigned PSCs/ IOPs and mobile
phlebotomy sites and document findings. Performs QA audits. Site
visits scheduled appropriately to provide adequate
- Relocate/open/close PSCs, IOPs and RRLs.
- Oversees inventory process for supervised facilities.
- Participates in the interview, selection and hiring of new
- Responsible for training, coaching, supervision and development
- Monitors on-going performance of employees; provides corrective
action and counseling as required. Performs mid-year and annual
- Holds regularly scheduled meetings for dissemination of all
information to staff.
- Ensures all employees meet requirements for driving on company
- Tracks/enters time/attendance of employees.
- Prepares schedules with minimal overtime for employees and
floaters. Maintains adequate coverage for all facilities.
- Prepares month-end reports.
- May perform training and onboarding of new Clients.
- Investigates/resolves and responds to customer complaints
appropriately and effectively.
- Responsible to ensure Quest improvement and/or standardization
initiatives are implemented.
- Assists in preparation of annual budget for areas of
responsibility. Maintain budget control throughout the year in
areas of responsibility.
- Supervisor participates to assure fiscal responsibilities of
the department are met. This includes implementation of cost
containment programs, management of overtime, and participation in
standardization initiatives and needs assessment for capital
- Participates on process improvement teams, or other initiatives
to meet management objectives.
- Organizes and leads projects both within the work group and
with cross-functional groups. May be required to give presentations
and speak in groups.
- Demonstrates and lives the Values of Quest Diagnostics.
- All other duties as assigned, within scope of the
Direct Supervision of 5 or more people
Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of progressive leadership
Customer service in a retail or service environment
Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California.
2+ years prior supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership
5+ years' experience in phlebotomy, laboratory or other
Physical and Mental:
Extensive use of phone and PC
Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness
Able to lift up to 25 pounds; may occasionally need to lift 40
pounds; carrying up to 15 pounds for several minutes at a time
Vision-requires constant mental visual attention to details.
Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements;
weekends, holidays, on call and overtime.
Must have valid driver license and clean driving record.
Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal
skills; is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a
Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume
Proficient PC skills including experience using MS Office
Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures
and exercise consistent, independent, sound judgment.
Must be able to manage individuals in multiple
Position requires travel.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest
Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities /
Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or