Tradesworker Senior (Carpenter Shop)-Facilities
Company: Lee County, Florida
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The primary function of this position is to perform complex
roofing installations and repairs from work orders received and
completing them in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties include but are not limited to complex installations and
repairs in the carpentry trade with the ability to install and or
repair roof and minor carpentry to include: concrete work, wood
trim, windows, cabinets and all types of incidental carpentry.
Education, Experience, Licensing
- Requires any combination of education and/or experience
equivalent to graduation from high school/GED and two (2) years of
work experience in carpentry.
- Roofing experience is preferred.
- Possession of a valid drivers license with an acceptable
driving record is required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Will be required to undergo a fingerprint based NCIC background
check and must be able to obtain a security clearance from the Lee
County Sheriff's Office and will be required to undergo a
"fingerprint based" criminal background check and must be able to
obtain security clearance from the State's Attorney Office in
addition to the standard Consumer Report based background check
that is required for all conditional offers of employment.
- This position requires a candidate who receives a conditional
offer of employment to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding, dig and crawl in
tight spaces, reach, and stoop, squat, and work outside during all
seasons in extreme temperatures, and able to lift 60 pounds.
- Ability to use standard carpentry tools.
- Adhere to all building codes, rules, regulations.
- Ability to read blueprints and sketches is preferred.
- Knowledge of roofing standards and methods.
- The work hours and days are for this position are either Monday
through Thursday from 7:00 a.m - 5:30 p.m. or Tuesday through
Friday from 7:00 a.m - 5:30 p.m.
- Will be required to be on-call when scheduled, work overtime
and work flexible hours and days as needed.
- As the duties performed in this position are essential, the
incumbent will be expected to report to work before, during and
after an emergency unless excused by management.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this classification. All positions are subject to a
criminal background check. A conviction in and of itself may not
necessarily preclude employment.
Keywords: Lee County, Florida, Fort Myers , Tradesworker Senior (Carpenter Shop)-Facilities, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!