Millennium Physician Group is seeking to hire a Full-Time
Digital Health Information Management Coordinator to join our
Compliance team in Fort Myers, FL. We are looking for a candidate
who is positive, energetic, well-organized, can multi-task, and
think outside of the box. We want someone who supports our top
initiative of ensuring an excellent patient experience!
The Digital Health Information Management (HIM) Coordinator,
reports to the Senior Compliance Deputy and/or Chief Compliance,
Ethics & Risk Officer/Privacy Officer (CCERO-PO). The Digital HIM
Coordinator is responsible for a variety of tasks, including
preparing, storing, and retrieving patient health information
records. The Digital Health Information Management Coordinator will
possess a strong understanding of medical information governance,
organization of health information in an electronic medical/health
record system, medical record data set applications, fundamental
This role will apply proven problem-solving, customer service,
and communication skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve
issues related to the electronic health information of patients
served in Millennium Healthcare systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures medical records are assembled in a standard order and
are accurate and complete.
- Creates digital images/scanning of patient health information
documents for storage and the electronic medical/health record
- Creates inventory of patient health records for determination
of retention and statute of limitation schedules.
- Ensures patient health information files/records are stored in
the designated area according to compliance and security
- Becomes familiar and maintains knowledge of Millennium Privacy
and Security Policies & Procedures.
- Responsible for safeguarding patient health records at all
times by ensuring compliance with HIPAA administrative, physical,
and technical safeguards.
- Supports and reports immediately any identified HIPAA related
release of information issues.
- Immediately reports to the CCERO/Privacy Officer any health
information issues that may cause concern, signify a privacy or
security risk or potential breach.
- Monitors duplicate chart report, working duplicates and
reporting at the end of each month to management.
- Monitors overall targeted goals of productivity and project
timelines, prepare reports indicating meeting set benchmarks and
report to CCERO results/outcomes at the end of the month.
- Manage legacy data projects when new offices/acquisitions
possess patient health information in non-electronic formats (paper
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships
with the corporate management team, physician practices and all
staff members to provide expertise as needed.
Education / Experience / Requirements / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Minimum three (3) (5) years in a medical office setting with
direct medical record/health information management
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred, or
healthcare related Associates degree with at least two-(2) years of
direct HIM experience.
Strong knowledge and skill in the use of a scanner, fax and
electronic health record technology. Knowledge of office products
to run reports and reconciling data to update leadership.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem solver
- Excellent oral, written communication and follow-up skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Driven for results
- Ability to prioritize
- Able to type quickly and accurately
For more information about the opportunity, please see the full
ABOUT MILLENNIUM PHYSICIAN GROUP
Formed in 2008, Millennium Physician Group has grown into one of
the largest comprehensive primary care practices with more than 400
health care providers located throughout Florida. With corporate
headquarters in Fort Myers, Florida, Millennium Physician Group
consists of primary care offices, Imaging Centers, Lab Services,
and Wellness Programs. You can also find various programs, such as
weight management and smoking cessation, led by Millennium
Physician Group doctors.
Millennium Physician Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. Additionally, Millennium is
proud to join the nearly 3,000 health system and physician groups
who have gone completely Tobacco Free.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM? If you feel that you would be
right for this position, please click the link to apply today. We
look forward to meeting you!