Company: CORE & MAIN
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Core & Main
St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer,
storm drain and fire protection products in the United States.
Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company
combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide
contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new
construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus
associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire
protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn
Manage designated areas of Warehouse
Operation, oversee functional areas, and perform manager's duties
as assigned. Responsible for consistent application of SOPs
(Standard Operating Policies) and associate administration in the
facility. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or
a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more
than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position,
Core & Main will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A
requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and
- Trains staff to ensure attainment of department performance
- Manages and ensures successful achievement of performance goals
of assigned functional areas.
- Controls warehouse expenses.
- Ensures compliance with all personnel policies.
- Ensures a safe working environment for all associates including
surveying facility for repair and maintenance items, promoting and
managing safety programs; ensuring policy adherence for worker's
compensation and general liability issues.
- Ensures the Asset Protection and Hazmat programs are
- Opens and closes the distribution center, authorizes refunds,
and handles customer problems.
- May act as manager and performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine best approach to achieve desired
outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting
procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of
output by supervisor or direct "customers" of the process
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general
guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior
level support personnel. Contributes to employees professional
development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older
Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- Technical certification or Associates degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 5 to 7 years of experience in related area of
- Have a
current Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) issued by
the state in which the candidate resides with all the relevant
endorsements required for type of equipment being operated (i.e.
HazMat to transport hazardous materials that require
Keywords: CORE & MAIN, Fort Myers , Supervisor, Warehouse, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!