Driver - CDL-A Install Technician
Company: Hire Velocity
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Installation Technician provides general septic system design
and installation services according to local building codes and
plans developed by the local health departments. Installs septic
systems and provides related services to customers in their homes
and businesses and sells accessory services and products and
service agreements. Performs inspections for real estate
transactions and evaluations of problematic septic systems.
Utilizes customer service training to educate and assist customers
in choosing service, products and finance options.
Key Position Points:
Position: Install Technician
Location- Fort Myers, FL
Earning Potential including OT*- $50,000 - $55,000 ( Based on
Requirements: CDL A license with a tanker endorsement (preferred);
Must be willing to obtain within 3 months of employment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates excavator to dig trenches for installation of septic
tanks and drain lines for sewage disposal system and sewer
- Reads blueprints to determine location of septic tank and
- Operates excavator and/or skid steer to dig and refill trenches
for septic tank and tile drainpipes and to transfer crushed rock or
gravel to provide drainage base for pipes.
- Lowers septic tank into excavation, using excavator as
- Directs workers engaged in spreading crushed rock and gravel,
in laying tile drainpipe, and in connecting drainpipes to branch
- May verify levels of rock or gravel, base, and tile drainpipe,
using surveyor's or carpenter's level.
- You are regularly exposed outside weather conditions,
non-hazardous fumes and noise
- Must be comfortable working independently
- Interaction with customers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to work with inspectors, suppliers and associate
technicians to get the job done correctly and in the best interest
of our customers, while abiding by all codes.
- Must be able to draw simple septic diagrams and be able to read
- Ability to understand instructions furnished in written, oral
or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents including Company
policies and procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, maps and road signs.
- Ability to speak, cooperate and communicate effectively with
customers, co-workers and
- Ability to work independently and manage pressure to meet
- Basic computer literacy including email and internet
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- High school diploma, or equivalent is required.
- 3+ years of operating heavy equipment is required.
- Previous experience installing septic systems preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving
- Ability to successfully pass DOT drug screen, medical
certification, physical exam and road exams
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
- Must be able to meet physical demands evaluation
- Have at least one year of CDL driving experience- Class A
license with a Tanker endorsement
- Prior septic install/repair experience is required
- Be able and willing to work weekends during busy season and
participate in an on-call rotation
Company Offered Benefits
- Competitive starting hourly rates + opportunity to earn
overtime! Ask about our Step Program!!!
- Opportunity to earn a quarterly safety bonus!
- Company Paid Smith Systems Defensive Training
- Company Paid Med-Card Renewals
- Room for Growth!
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employee discount for services offered in your area!
- Matching 401K
- 6 paid holidays, 2 paid floating holidays and generous paid
time off plan
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Annual Safety Boot Stipend
Wind River Environmental services and maintains a broad array of
non-hazardous liquid waste systems, including grease traps, septic
tanks and related waste systems. Headquartered in Marlborough, MA
we offer a full suite of services to business, residential and
municipal customers throughout the East Coast. Wind River
Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Hire Velocity, Fort Myers , Driver - CDL-A Install Technician, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!