J.J. Taylor Distributing, Florida Inc. is a leading beer
distributor in the state and distributes the products of over 70
suppliers including; Miller, Coors, Heineken, Guinness, Yuengling,
Sierra Nevada, and Sam Adams to name a few. Our mission is to be
First Choice for our employees, customers and suppliers and
creating value through optimal growth as the variety leader in the
beverage industry. The Company has been recognized with many
distinctions including the National Beer Wholesaler Associations
Craft Beer Distributor of the Year.
Work Days: Tuesday - Saturday
Hours: 5:00 AM til Done
License Requirement: Valid Class A CDL
Training: Trainee Pay $17
Vacation Days: Year 1=5 days, Year 2=10 days, Year 5=15
Personal/Sick Days: 7 Days each year
401K: 50% matching up to 10% of salary
Other Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance,
Company Paid Long Term/Short Term Disability, Company Paid Life
Insurance and many other programs available!
For more information on J.J. Taylor, please visit our website:
Drives truck over established, assigned routes to deliver beer
and other beverages. Unloads, stocks, and rotates product in stores
and other retail establishments. Interacts with customers to take
any additional orders or to answer any questions/complaints.
Completes all the necessary delivery paperwork.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Ensures regular and punctual attendance
- Completes thorough Pre-Trip and Post-Trip Vehicle
- Reviews truck load sheet in order to ensure no loading errors
- Drives truck to deliver product to assigned accounts.
- Unloads beer from truck using appropriate equipment, depending
on type of delivery truck.
- Uses Handheld device to prepares invoices, enter payments, look
up account balances and input over, short or missing checks and
payments, for each stop on assigned route.
- Uses Handheld device to remove missing or damaged product from
- Collects payment from customers, and records transactions on
- Obtains customer signature on receipt for deliveries.
- Places delivery in coolers and builds in-store displays when
- Rotates product during deliveries to ensure all product is on
code and fresh.
- Fills racks and prices when delivering to off-premise
- Settles all invoices and payments, collected during deliveries,
at the end of each day.
- Collects damaged or out-of-date product from accounts in order
to return to warehouse for credit with necessary
- Verifies with warehouse personnel all products on the truck at
end of day that was returned, refused, or damaged. Completes all
- Checks in truck at the end of the day and ensures the inside of
truck is clean.
- Communicates with Merchandisers, Sales Representatives, and
other vendors in order to successfully complete the delivery of
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints. Escalates
difficult complaints to a Delivery Manager when necessary.
- Operates vehicles in a safe manner, and obeys all Florida State
and DOT laws.
- Adheres to all safety codes and OSHA standards.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment.
- Works overtime when required.
- Understands the bay assignment sheet
Additional Duties And Responsibilities:
- Informs regular customers of new products or services.
- Assists with loading truck when needed.
- Performs any additional duties and special tasks assigned by
any member of Delivery Management team.
- Assists with maintaining a current 10-day/DNC list.
Foundation Talents: The following talents strongly
contribute to the success of an individual in this position.
- Achiever People here have a great deal of stamina and
work hard. They take great satisfaction from being busy and
- Consistency People here are keenly aware of the need to
treat people the same. They try to treat everyone in the world
fairly by setting up clear rules and adhering to them.
- Learner-People here have a great desire to learn and
want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of
learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.
- Relator People here enjoy close relationships with
others. They find deep satisfaction in working hard with friends to
achieve a goal.
- Responsibility- People here take psychological ownership
of what they say they will do. They are committed to stable values
such as honesty and loyalty.
Foundation Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Able to work effectively in a multi-tasking environment.
- Able to work constructively under stress and pressure.
- Able to interact effectively and positively with team members
to accomplish goals.
- Possesses solid customer service skills. Able to provide
courteous and timely service to customers.
- Exhibits an appropriate level of patience and tact when dealing
with customers questions and complaints.
- Displays a high energy level.
- Able to communicate clearly with customers, merchandisers and
sales representatives. Listens actively to others.
- Possesses strong organizational skills to ensure all daily
tasks are completed.
- Good written communication skills. Able to process necessary
paperwork clearly and accurately.
- Able to maintain order and cleanliness of trucks and
- Able to accurately attend to details and spot errors when
reviewing load sheets and completing paperwork. Basic math skills,
including adding and subtracting numbers.
- Knowledge and use of proper lifting procedures.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to drive a truck to deliver product to customer
- Must be able to regularly unload product (case of beer), which
averages to 30 lbs., but can weigh up to a maximum of 49 lbs. from
delivery vehicle and transport into customer accounts.
- Must be able to push/pull/lift kegs on a regular basis which
average 170 pounds and can weigh up to a maximum of 186
pounds; you must be physically capable of routinely performing
lifting at those weight levels and transporting product into
- Able to stock and rotate product in coolers and shelves.
- Able to design and build in-store product displays which may
contain several hundred cases of product.
- Able to operate an electric pallet jack effectively.
- Able to maneuver a two/four-wheel dolly effectively.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year previous experience as a Driver or Delivery
- Valid Class A CDL license required.
- Valid DOT Physical card.
- Warehouse environment.
- Regular exposure to extreme temperatures, dusty conditions,
fumes, machinery with moving parts, and outside weather conditions,
including wet and/or humid conditions.
- Possible exposure to chemicals and other toxicants, electrical
shock, loud noise, and high places.
The statements above are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.