Certified Nursing Assistant PRN
Company: Camp Recovery
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Register for a 20 minute interview time slot at our job fair to
be held onsite on June 8 from 10AM-3PM by emailing
- Ensure the well being of patients and provide a positive,
supportive and structured environment, under direction of charge
nurse or supervisor.
- Patient safety is addressed through
- Complete patient observation rounds timely. Observation may be
assigned every 15 minutes, within reach of patient and/or 1:1
- Ensure patient rooms are clean and uncluttered.
- Assist with transferring, lifting, raising or turning
- Obtain patient's vital signs, height and weight as assigned and
ensure accurate documentation.
- Identify self to patient and visitors promptly and respond to
patient requests quickly.
- Engage with patient in activities and interactions designed to
encourage achievement of treatment goals.
- Respond to distressed patients in a non-threatening manner and
attempt to understand the source of distress.
- Apply de-escalation techniques to help manage patient's
emotions, behavior and participation in treatment and assist with
seclusion and restraints when necessary.
- Monitor behavioral improvements and reinforce these behaviors.
Report changes and responses to treatment by communicating with
team. Significant changes are reported to nurse immediately.
- Reinforce skills patients learn from nurses, physicians and
therapist that promote improved physical and mental wellness.
- Insure comfort, dignity, privacy and perform related CNA duties
such as feed, bath, dress, groom, move patients or change
- Provide transfer or transportation for patient or coordinate
transportation with appropriate staff member, as required.
- Adherence to work schedule and overall attendance.
- Follow established policies, procedures and standards for
- Clean unit as assigned by professional staff, including
equipment such as, beds, IV poles and wheelchairs.
- Document timely, accurate and appropriate clinical information
in patient medical record.
- Collaborate with other staff in working with the population of
the facility to treat and rehabilitate.
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude
towards customers always. When patient needs are not met,
acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient
safety is a top priority.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to patients, family
members, guests and other members of the health care team.
- Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Additional education or training which results in certification
as nursing assistant per state requirements required.
- Previous experience in behavioral health setting knowledge and
experience working with the population of the facility
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification or
license, per state requirements.
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required
(training available upon hire and offered by facility).
Keywords: Camp Recovery, Fort Myers , Certified Nursing Assistant PRN, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!