Environmental Plan Reviewer
Company: Lee County, Florida
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The hiring range for this position will be$46,833.02 -
This position is a professional position responsible for
conducting environmental reviews and inspections of development
project sites, design plans and supporting documentation ensuring
compliance with the Lee County Land Development Code, The Lee Plan,
Zoning regulations, and other state and federal regulations. This
position will require independent judgment and initiative. Good
communication skills, both verbal and written, are needed for
working directly with a large range of land owners, applicants and
professional consultants. The work setting will include working in
an office and conducting inspections in various, sometimes
strenuous, field conditions. Work is evaluated under the general
direction of the supervisor who reviews progress for attainment of
established goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews development order submittals and related documents
prepared by land developers, land use planners, landscape
architects, professional engineers, environmental consultants, and
others which may include: open space, indigenous preserves,
conservation areas, landscaping, protected species management,
exotic plant control, lake management, shoreline structures, and
native tree protection.
- Processes and issues vegetation removal permits for development
order, notice of clearings, single tree removal, single family home
and soil borings.
- Communicates and collaborates with project applicants,
applicant representatives, and members of the general public with
respect to project development as related to Land Development Code
- Reviews development order applications for environmental
components and communicates required application revisions and/or
deficiencies to project applicants.
- Recommends development order application approval or
insufficiency for inclusion in the final project file.
- Conducts and documents project site inspections for
environmental field surveys.
- Represents the section as a Land Development Code and
environmental planning expert in zoning public hearings, as
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Licensing
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent
to High School graduation or GED equivalent and four years
experience in city, county, regional, or state planning,
environmental review, environmental site inspection or closely
- Strongly prefers a completion of Bachelor of Science Degree or
Associate of Science Degree or college course work in biology,
environmental sciences, natural resources, landscape architecture
or closely related fields and one year experience.
- Must be able to passa criminal background check.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and acceptable driving
record is required.
- Thorough knowledge of state, federal and local laws and
regulations regulating development practices.
- Thorough knowledge of environmental principles and planning
practices in the area of specialization.
- Applied in land use planning, zoning and land development; site
layout and design; engineering, geotechnical, water resources and
- Thorough knowledge of southwest Florida ecosystems, including
identification of listed species and habitat, with willingness to
- Ability to read and interpret landscaping and engineering plans
- Ability to perform site field inspections to determine facts
through observation and investigation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with development order applicants, engineers, land
use planners, land developers, attorneys, contractors, county
agencies, state and federal offices, working associated and the
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to present information clearly in oral and written
- Must have advanced computer skills in word processing,
spreadsheets and databases, including GIS.
- The normal work days and hours for this position are Monday
through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been
designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed
by employees within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this classification. All positions are subject to a
criminal background check. A conviction in and of itself may not
necessarily preclude employment.
Keywords: Lee County, Florida, Fort Myers , Environmental Plan Reviewer, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!