VP Commercial Lender - Fort Myers, FL
Company: Lake Michigan Credit Union
Location: Fort Myers
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Vice President Commercial Lender role is responsible for
relationship and commercial loan portfolio growth through both
existing and new customer relationships. The VP Commercial Lender
will possess thorough knowledge of commercial lending policy and
depository services as well as an
understanding of the LMCU mission, vision and values, business
model philosophy, risk tolerance and culture. This role is
responsible for loan portfolio management and maintenance. In
addition to insuring high standards for customer service, work
quality, presentations, and compliance with policies and process
are maintained. The VP Commercial lender is responsible for
self-development by keeping skills up-to-date (sales, policy,
management, documentation, compliance, technical, etc.) through
multiple resources and will maintain individual professional
Process to Close the Loan:
- Leverage your internal and external resources to guarantee
efficient process of all aspects of process: (I.e.): Ensure
appraisal is ordered, arrange for the title work, etc.
- Assign the file to LOA for file preparation.
- Review loan file to ensure all terms and conditions have been
met and obtain all appropriate signatures, including depository
- Coordinate execution of the documents to close the loan.
Loan Write-Up and Process
- Understand customer request and make preliminary determination
- Collect pertinent information to the request including
financial statements, project information, background and as much
information as possible.
- Partner with Credit to obtain any additional information or
- Communicate committee decision to customer.
- Move to close the loan.
Loan Portfolio Management and Maintenance
- Monitor portfolio for credit quality, past due credits,
non-performing loans, loan servicing and clearing outstanding loan
- Consistently call on clients/members on quarterly to
semi-annual basis to keep aware of new opportunities.
Relationships and Loan Portfolio Growth for Existing
- Monitor customer relationship development and account
management to include: Identifying cross sell opportunities for
deposits and all other products/services.
- Develop a strong business pipeline of transactions and activity
to enhance the customer relationship. Goal is $15MM in loan
production, $7MM in portfolio growth and $60,000 fee income
- Be accessible to customer as point person, referral source or
advocate as needed.
- Scout and communicate potential cross-sell opportunities to
- Network and leverage on customers' behalf for potential
(cross-sell) business opportunities.
- Share insights, knowledge and market trends as customers
consider additional business opportunities.
- Take interest in customers' business and be knowledgeable of
their operations and financial developments
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Five to eight years of similar or related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business or a related field of
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Keywords: Lake Michigan Credit Union, Fort Myers , VP Commercial Lender - Fort Myers, FL, Other , Fort Myers, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!