Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where
children are safe, families are strong and communities are
Since 1982, Lutheran Services Florida has been providing and
sharing solutions to protect Florida’s most vulnerable. Today, we
are one of the largest nonprofits in Florida touching 1 in 50
Floridians with a wide range of services, including:
- early childhood education
- refugee and immigration
- mental health and substance abuse
- juvenile justice
- child welfare
you have a passion for working with youth? Lutheran Services of
Florida focuses on the idea of making a positive difference in the
lives of the youth & at risk populations. LSF is looking for
talented Youth Care Specialists who wants to make an impact in the
lives of youth ages 10-17! Flexible schedules
required! Looking for night and weekends
HOURS NEEDED: 7a-3p, 3p-11p,
This position is located in Ft.
Purpose & Impact
This is a direct service delivery position. The Youth Care
Specialist supervises residents, provides quality care, ensures a
safe and secure environment and transports and accompanies
residents with outside activities. You will be that role model and
encourage each resident to pursue educational growth as well as
everyday life skills.
Pay is $12 an hour with 1 year verified experience working with
Youth in a professional setting.
A day in the Life of a Youth Care Specialist
- Organizes assignments and tasks for completion by Youth Care
Specialists, assuring smooth operations of the shelter and
adherence to program goals.
- Provides orientation, training, support, feedback and oversight
to the Youth Care Specialists I in their essential functions.
- Monitors and reports potential safety and security risks and
hazards in the shelter, making recommendations and implementing
corrective actions as needed.
- Screens clients for eligibility, conducts intakes, coordinates
discharges and administers client satisfaction surveys.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- Completes case documentation and statistical reports according
to established timelines.
- Participates in community outreach programs as requested.
- Supervises youth as needed.
- Participates in and provides staff training.
Performs other duties as reasonable assigned by the YCS III or
Residential Services Manager.
Must be able to fulfill physical requirements like lifting,
bending, cooking, and cleaning. Able to transport youth safely in
Oasis vehicles and accompany youth on field trips and other
recreational activities. Must be able to use phone, write
case notes and file.
- Associates degree in human services field or high school
diploma, GED or equivalency completion certification.
- At least one year experience working with troubled youth and
their families preferred.
Must be well-organized, able to work effectively with others,
and have well-developed communication skills. Requires
computer literacy and ability to use word processing
software. Must be able to work with diverse populations under
stressful conditions. Demonstrates consistent dependability,
discretion and good judgment.
- Functions as team player with co-workers and
- Able to motivate and set expectations for Youth Care
- Submits accurate, complete and timely reports.
- Identifies and takes action on safety and security hazards and
facility and vehicle maintenance concerns.
- Adheres to all licensing and quality assurance standards.
- Adheres to agency policies and procedures.
Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population’s
cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
Why work for LSF?
Ability to Make an Impact in Multiple Areas
LSF offers several programs, spanning across a wide range of
populations in need. This gives our team members an opportunity to
learn and potentially work in programs outside of their direct
area. Either way, members of the LSF family will play a
part in transforming the lives of those in need.
A career at LSF means working and learning alongside talented
professionals in a dynamic and inclusive environment. The values of
our organization – OPEN-MINDED, COMPASSIONATE, GENEROUS, VISIONARY
and HONESTY – drives each one of us.
People working at Lutheran Services Florida treat each other
like family. Whether you work on the front lines or work in an
office, you share a common bond that is felt throughout the
Because of the variety of programs we offer throughout Florida,
team members have the option to explore areas of interest in other
programs or grow within their existing program/department.
Amazing benefits package
- Medical, dental and vision
- Teledoc (24/7 access to doctors via phone and video)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long-term disability
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary), AD&D
- Health and dependent care FSA
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer
- Tuition reimbursement
- LifeMart Employee Discount Program
Additional Voluntary Benefits
- Short-term disability
- Group life insurance
- Accident, critical illness/Cancer and hospital policy
- Legal Shield coverage
Lutheran Services Florida embraces diversity, equity
and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer.