Lutheran Services Florida (LSF) envisions a world where
children are safe, families are strong and communities are
Since 1982, Lutheran Services Florida has been providing and
sharing solutions to protect Florida’s most vulnerable. Today, we
are one of the largest nonprofits in Florida touching 1 in 50
Floridians with a wide range of services, including:
- early childhood education
- refugee and immigration
- mental health and substance abuse
- juvenile justice
- child welfare
LSF is looking for a talented Lead Case
Manager who wants to make an impact in the lives of
Purpose & Impact:
Provide management and oversight to assigned staff and programs.
Provide individual and family case management to youth. Advocate
for clients with community agencies, courts, schools and etc. This
may include attending and/or chairing: TURN – the
multi-disciplinary team meetings and chairing TURN committees and
CINS/FINS court proceedings. Act as lead staff person for
designated Non-Residential and Residential Counselor l staff and/or
programs. Participate in community outreach programs. Available to
- Provide leadership to specific assigned CINS/FINS programs and
staff, i.e.: Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS)
- Assist in the provision of individual, group and family
counseling to youth and their families in the communities we
- Provide crisis intervention counseling to families in crisis,
- Assist in the completion of comprehensive assessments of
families in crisis.
- Perform case management duties and be accessible via cell phone
to assigned clients for urgent and/or emergency matters that would
require your assistance
- Provide direct support to client families in implementing their
case plan through constructive, active participation in family
- Teach and assist parents in meeting the physical, mental and
emotional needs of their children.
- Assist in the coordination of other community-based services
and outreach to advocate for needs of clients on caseload.
- Serve as advocate for youth and family.
- Assist in the provision of follow-up monitoring and services to
families on closed case status.
- Attend staff meetings, supervision sessions and inter-agency
staffing on clients as required.
- Compile required reports on families on caseload and submit to
supervisor in a timely manner, including progress notes, and courts
as the needs dictate.
- Adhere to professional standards and ethics.
- Assists in completing intakes with youth and families as
needed, and/or assigned by director.
- Attend Oasis Shelter Case Staffing/Supervision
- Oversight of shelter case manager
- Review monthly performance/benchmarks for each program
- Goal/Barriers to achieve/sustain performance/benchmarks
- Provide monthly caseload supervision to assigned staff.
- Review and sign off on all assigned CINS/FINS case files for
accuracy and compliance monthly
- Review and sign off on assigned client files and related
- Adhere professional standards and ethics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Possess a valid Florida's driver's license and be able to use
own vehicle to perform job duties in emergencies. Ability to travel
locally and out of local area in the execution of professional
duties and for training/conferences. Must be able to work
Bachelor's degree in social services and other requirements as
indicated by the grant source.
Experience: One to two years’
experience working with troubled families and children.
Good written and verbal communication, time management,
organizational and interpersonal leadership skills. Ability to
function in a team setting, and professionally serve a diverse
multi-cultural client population. Dependability, discretion and
good judgment are essential. Must possess the ability to establish
and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and the
general public. Must be able to function in the community without
the presence of direct supervision. Must be able to maintain high
level of professional responsibility in reporting activities,
conduct and schedule to supervisor.
Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population's
cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs. Certified
First Aid/CPR and crisis intervention. Valid driver's
license and insurance required.
- Reports to Clinical Director and/or Executive Director
- Team player with co-workers, administrators, community members,
and school personnel.
- Innovative delivery of case management services and
- Provision of accurate case records.
- Adherence to agency policies and procedures.
Why work for LSF?
Ability to Make an Impact in Multiple Areas
LSF offers several programs, spanning across a wide range of
populations in need. This gives our team members an opportunity to
learn and potentially work in programs outside of their direct
area. Either way, members of the LSF family will play a
part in transforming the lives of those in need.
A career at LSF means working and learning alongside talented
professionals in a dynamic and inclusive environment. The values of
our organization – OPEN-MINDED, COMPASSIONATE, GENEROUS, VISIONARY
and HONESTY – drives each one of us.
People working at Lutheran Services Florida treat each other
like family. Whether you work on the front lines or work in an
office, you share a common bond that is felt throughout the
Because of the variety of programs we offer throughout Florida,
team members have the option to explore areas of interest in other
programs or grow within their existing program/department.
Amazing benefits package
- Medical, dental and vision
- Teledoc (24/7 access to doctors via phone and video)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Long-term disability
- Employer paid life insurance (1X salary), AD&D
- Health and dependent care FSA
- 13 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous PTO policy
- 403(b) Retirement plan with 3% discretionary employer
- Tuition reimbursement
Additional Voluntary Benefits
- Short-term disability
- Group life insurance
- Accident, critical illness/Cancer and hospital policy
- Legal Shield coverage
Lutheran Family Services embraces diversity, equity
and inclusion in all business practices. LSF is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer.